Zoukinis

Vegetarian cafe bar and ceramic studio. Fully licensed. Private functions catered for. Last order from kitchen 1 hour before close. Confirmed open by HappyCow Aug 2010. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, English, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out
18 Seamoor Road, Westbourne
Bournemouth, England BH4 9AR
01202-766797

Open Wed 11-4, Thur-Sat 10am-9:30pm, Sun 10-4, Mon-Tue closed.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Grace15
saramarshall
saramarshall

OK Sunday roast

3 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

Zoukinis is a nice place with pleasant staff. The nut roast is good and the mushroom and quinoa pie something different, but I would have liked a few more vegetables as the portions are a bit stingy. I've probably had better and more substantial roasts at non-vegetarian places. The menu had loads of vegan choice so I would go back, but it's a much more oddly formal atmosphere than the Mad Cucumber in town.

Pros: Good choice, Nice staff
Cons: Stingy with vegetables, Flat atmosphere
d.oven
d.oven

friendly and good food

4 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

We have eaten here a lot now, it's very friendly atmosphere the food is very good vegan options limited menu doesn't really change. It's main burgers and chips or spicy food, there burrito is very spicy, falafel, there vegan puddings very limited.

Pros: friendly, fresh food
Cons: limited vegan options
super8J
super8J

Zuitably Zazzled at Zukini's

3 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. Went for Sunday lunch and found the soups to be very nice and the puddings excellent (really nice sorbets with lovely vegan pannacotta or brownies). Let down however by the mains, all of which were overcooked and a bit burnt and a kid's burger was completely frazzled (though quickly replaced). Apart from singed and boring pastry, the mushroom and lentil pie was particularly nice. Kiddies' food could have done with a few veggies on side of 'burger and chips' too. Filling portions and genuine interest from owner made for a very pleasant experience despite these drawbacks.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 01, 2012

Pros: Puddings, Welcoming, Good vegan selection
Cons: Burnt mains
evilfrozenpeas
evilfrozenpeas

Lovely Range

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

Lovely place, really good burgers and a very friendly owner. They did get slightly confused over making a dairy free milkshake, they tried to use soy milk and dairy ice cream, but we got there in the end. Definitely the best veggie place around the Bournemouth area, and if you're visiting give it a go.

Lilimedusa
Lilimedusa

Fantastic

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2011

I absolutely recommend this nice restaurant: the staff is very friendly and the dishes are delicious! The vegan choice is good: I had a tomato soup and a pepperoni filled with quinoa and vegetables and a brownie with vanilla ice cream.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
amberdaum
amberdaum

They go the extra mile

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2011

I recently called up this restaurant, the lady who answered the phone was very polite and friendly. I asked if they did take-aways and she was more than happy to accommodate this. When we collected our food the owner took the time to explain all our products to us, saying which dips were for which meals. A lot of effort was put into the food, it was immensly tastey and they had a wide range of vegan options for myself and my partner. Reasonably priced for the quality provided.
We will definately be going back there, next time to stay and eat in.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Immensly tasty, Friendly staff
Cons: Wish we lived closer!
faerycake
faerycake

lovely food and atmosphere

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2010

We visited Poole last week and went to Zoukinis with my partner's parents (who live nearby), and had a really lovely meal. I'm vegan - and the others aren't vegetarian - but they all thoroughly enjoyed it too and wanted to go again!

It was a set Thali meal - with a mango lassi to start (with a vegan option available), followed by a selection of dishes, which I think included dhal, vegetable curry, puri, rice, yummy salad and - my favourite bit - a really refreshing mint and apple chutney. It was all delicious, and was so nice to go somewhere where we could all enjoy the food and I didn't feel awkward or that I'd dragged people somewhere they didn't like. I think the Thali is only once a month, but I'd definitely recommend it to people. There was also a decent wine selection (although I'm no expert) and various types of fairtrade coffee (including decaff) to finish with.

The service was also great, and struck the difficult balance of being really friendly but not at all intrusive. They were just really accommodating!

We'd definitely like to go again when we're next visiting - and my partner's parents took a menu away with them, so I think they'll come again too!

Pros: friendly service, lovely food, nice atmosphere
emzy1985
emzy1985

Interesting Little Find

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2010

We had found Zoukini's before we even went on holiday and liked the look of the menu. When we got there it was lunch time so only the lunch menu was available but there were plenty of options for two hungry vegans. We had soy milkshakes, a huge burger and I had the burrito. All of it was amazing and not too expensive. You paid for what you got, which was very good quality food. We also tipped well! :D

Pros: Large vegan selection., Reasonable price, Nice enviroment.
Cons: Not enough wholemeal options., A little under staffed.
just
just

Zuper Zoukinis!

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2010

I went with a group of friends to this fantastic cafe. Being vegan, i was really impressed with the amount of options i could choose from and how clearly labelled they are. (Gluten free options are also marked) I went for the Zoukinis veggie burger, it was huge and incredibly tasty! It came with chunky chips and salad, i was too full for the delicious looking cakes on offer! (Which is a good excuse for me to return, plus i want to try their soya chocolate milkshake!) I had a taste of my friends Huevos burrito (spicy scrambled tofy, red onion, salsa wrap with salad) and that was sooo good too! There is a range of breakfasts, soup, wraps, cocktails, etc. Very light, appealling surroundings and the staff were very friendly. Next time i'm in the area, i'm going to make sure i visit.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, great for vegans
Cons: far from where i live!
MirandaM
MirandaM

Great place!

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2010

We had a wonderful vegan Sunday roast with all the trimmings, well cooked and delicious. Topped off with a wonderful vegan panacotta for dessert. The children enjoyed their veggie kids' meals and the owner was pleasant and helpful. Will definately come back next time we're in Bournemouth.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Pleasant, helpful staff, Tasty food using good ingredients
Cons: None!
Grace15
Grace15

Great place!

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2009

I went here for lunch last week, and it was lovely. I'd looked at the evening menu on their website beforehand, and the food didn't really appeal (it all looked lovely, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't the type of food I really like - I have fussy tastes!), but when we went for lunch they had a different menu, with loads of choices on. The burger was delicious, as was the pasta we had. And the crumble and ice cream for desert was yummy too! I'll definitely be going back for lunch, as the food was so good and the place was so pretty, friendly and welcoming.

Pros: v tasty food, not particularly expensive, very friendly staff
Cons: evening menu looked like it was fixed, restaurant is quite small

Dear Owner and Manager of Zoukinis: