I ate here recently and wasn't very impressed. The food tasted average. There are vegetarian menu items, which is great, and a really fun atmosphere. I liked the idea of the place more than the actual food. If I were to go back, I would just visit Saffron in the same complex - better food and atmosphere!Pros: Resonably priced food, Good atmosphere, Friendly wait staff
I like this place. It's fun. You can sit cross-legged at a short table (which I only assume is culturally accurate) or you can sit in regular old chairs. The atmosphere is nice: low-level lighting, nice decor. The items on the menu are only labeled as vegetarian (lacto ovo, it seems). It's easy to differentiate that from vegan though, most of those items only have yogurt in them. The vegetarian tray is really good. Their baba ghannouj is fantastic. I also like their masakah. One cautionary word though is a server told me sometimes they use chicken stock in their lentil soup and sometimes they don't, so don't ever order it.Pros: atmosphere, vegetarian denotations, fairly priced
Cons: no vegan denotations
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Kalamazoo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Zooroona Restaurant and Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 780 times since Jan 2013.