Zooroona Restaurant and Lounge

Serves meat, veg options available. Warm middle eastern decor with a choice of conventional seating and floor seating in semi private elevated booths. Live middle eastern dancing weekly. Sip a cardamom tea, enjoy a fresh Arabic Desert Salad, or taste some of the most vibrant dishes of Iraq, Syria, Turkey, and Lebanon. Some vegetarian choices and a few vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
MIddle Eastern, Take-out, Catering, Delivery, Non-veg
1710 W Main St (N Arlington St)
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49006
269-382-4444

Open Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12-9pm, closed Mon-Thur.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Mikemotorbike
VeggiePanda
VeggiePanda

Average food

3 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2011

I ate here recently and wasn't very impressed. The food tasted average. There are vegetarian menu items, which is great, and a really fun atmosphere. I liked the idea of the place more than the actual food. If I were to go back, I would just visit Saffron in the same complex - better food and atmosphere!

Pros: Resonably priced food, Good atmosphere, Friendly wait staff
Mikemotorbike
Mikemotorbike

Excellent middle-eastern cuisine

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2010

I like this place. It's fun. You can sit cross-legged at a short table (which I only assume is culturally accurate) or you can sit in regular old chairs. The atmosphere is nice: low-level lighting, nice decor. The items on the menu are only labeled as vegetarian (lacto ovo, it seems). It's easy to differentiate that from vegan though, most of those items only have yogurt in them. The vegetarian tray is really good. Their baba ghannouj is fantastic. I also like their masakah. One cautionary word though is a server told me sometimes they use chicken stock in their lentil soup and sometimes they don't, so don't ever order it.

Pros: atmosphere, vegetarian denotations, fairly priced
Cons: no vegan denotations

Dear Owner and Manager of Zooroona Restaurant and Lounge: