Zle Mieso

At this location since Dec 2013; previously a kiosk at Kuznicza 29. Operated by the same owner of the defunct Zle Mieso that was at Wita Stwosza 16. Now with seating and more expanded menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Pizza, International, Polish, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Ofiar Oświęcimskich 19
Wroclaw, Poland 50-069

Open Mon-Sat 12-9pm, Sun 1-8pm.

First Review by goulo
elenilikesfood
elenilikesfood

Not a walk-up kiosk anymore, but still yummy

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

When I was in Wrocław last time, it was still just a walk-up kiosk, but now they moved to Ofiar Oświęcimskich 19 in 50-069 Wroclaw, close to Rynek.

It's a larger space again, you can sit down once you found it (enter the building, go straight into the backyard, take the left door, walk up the stairs) and enjoy some burgers, pizzas, tortillas and main dishes. Not everything is vegan but they have vegan cheese for the pizza and also cakes. The space is nicely decorated and welcoming.

I had a falafel burger with hummus and my friends the seitan one (both about 9 zl). Very tasty, if I stayed here longer this time, I would definitely return.

gazik
gazik

evil meat

3 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

i just love the name. the food there is a typical fast food - everything is deep-fried. if you don't mind that you'll be pleased. pretty hard to find, i think, it's only a kiosk.

Pros: yummy
Cons: not too many choices, not too healthy
kuni
kuni

Go here!

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

Had heard about Złe mięso for some time and finally got the chance to visit :) Even though the staff and the whole place seems a bit alternative, I think everybody will feel the same welcome here (unlike some other alternative places sometimes).

Great atmosphere, good food and friendly staff. Prices might not be that low, but still quite ok in my opinion. Paid around 16zl (4 euros) for a main dish.

People seem to perceive this place as a bit 'hipster' but as others already pointed out it's completely the opposite with posters of left/alternative protest actions and places hanging all around.

Pros: good food, nice alternative feel, friendly staff
lady_linzi
lady_linzi

Well worth finding.

5 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2012

This place is in a little courtyard off the main road, so it's quite easy to miss. However we loved it, the food was amazing and pretty cheap. I particularly recommend the tempeh tortilla with vegan garlic sauce and the chocolate cheesecake, soooooo yummy. The restaurant and the staff are all quite quirky, Evil Meat is a brilliant name for a restaurant. It's self service which took us some time to figure out while we were sitting at a table wondering why we were being ignored. Probably my favourite of the veggie places we visited in Wroclaw.

Pros: Great food, Very varied menu, Vegan desserts!
Cons: Slightly hard to find
JustynaSoloducha
JustynaSoloducha

ok

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

In Zle Mieso you can find really tasty food, but unfortunately not every meal is available on a daily basis. Prices are not so low, but still quite affordable.

Pros: food
Cons: prices
BartekBondzior
BartekBondzior

Interesting

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

If I weren't living in Wrocław I wouldn't find it at first. There is definitely not enough signs and directions how to get there. The place itself is very interesting, with hc/punk - oriented design. Not as cheap as the rest of vegetarian places in Wrocław but still not an expensive option.

Pros: Delicious food, interesting design
Cons: Prices, Only cash
KarolGajda
KarolGajda

Great veg*n food with atmosphere

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2012

I have been in Wroclaw for one month and I eat here almost every single day. Every week day for sure.

1) Their sejtan (seitan) is the best I've had anywhere in the world. On a burger, pizza, or in a regular dinner dish it is always phenomenal.

2) The people there are very nice.

3) The music is great.

4) The art & general atmosphere is very welcoming.

I usually get the sejtan burger with something else. I'm so addicted if they sold their sejtan intravenously I would need rehab.

Their main dinner dishes are also very good, and more along the lines of traditional Polish food. But be aware: if you order a main dinner dish you're going to get *a lot* of food. I've never seen plates this large. Come hungry.

I will only be in Wroclaw for 3 more months and I already miss Zle Mieso.
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 02, 2012

Pros: great food, great people, great atmosphere
Cons: none
goulo
goulo

Great food, friendly staff, alternative atmosphere

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

There are very few veggie restaurants in Wroclaw, so we were quite happy to see Zle Mieso open. We have since become regular customers.

They serve a variety of good veggie and vegan food, mostly unsurprising traditional/standard stuff, but well prepared, including delicious thin-crust pizzas, diverse pastas and salads, veggie and seitan cutlets, falafel, and more simple "fast food" like burgers and fries. They're pretty flexible about making veggie items vegan by substituting in tofu or seitan for cheese. There are daily specials, e.g. a soup of the day, often quite tasty. Besides the usual bottled juices there are various unusual imported beers. There's no smoking inside. In good weather there is sometimes outdoor seating.

The mostly young tattooed/pierced staff are friendly and helpful. (If you don't know Polish, that should not be a problem.) There's usually good diverse random rock/experimental/alternative music playing on shuffle which we always enjoy (though occasionally it's a bit loud) more than the music in most Polish restaurants. The door is covered with posters announcing various alternative/progressive events ranging from concerts to Linux install parties.

Well worth a visit!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Zle Mieso: