CLOSED: Zizi's Vegan To Go

Takeaway vegan comfort foods like philly and buffalo cheese steaks along with entrees like eggplant curry and seitan pepper steak, plus salads with quinoa and kale. Smoothies and desserts for drinks. Reported closed to HappyCow April 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

csauro1
csauro1

Great food but...............

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

ok, Im thrilled that this store has come to Greensboro. I would classify this as vegan 'junk' food, and its fabulous! Flavors are wonderful! This being said, not sure what exactly is going on with the portion size. First visit, we ordered sub/sandwiches. Good size, generally Awesome. My next visit, I got a Tempeh BLT wrap. Again, 12" tortilla full of goodies, awesome. Then got the garden burger but in a wrap. Flavors so-so, seemed small. Last visit, family ordered sub/sandwich, wrap and entree. Sub seemed small but only a little. Entree was mostly veggies (which we love!) but hardly any 'meat'. Really, it was just a few bites. And I got the Tempeh BLT again and.......it was 4 inches long. The tiniest thing I had ever seen. I went back inside the store and the girl said that the usual size. Im willing to pay extra for good vegan food, but not $7.00 for a 4" wrap. I informed her that the last wrap I got was twice as big and she said sorry but............anyway, she gave me some cabbage to go with it to make me slightly more happy. I got home, unwrapped the tortilla, which was still 12" and cut away more than half of the shell. The flavors were fabulous but it does make me wonder what exactly Zizi's is up to. The luster has worn off. Not sure when/if we'll be going back.

• d_Random d_Random

You won't be going back, they closed.

thisby
thisby

My favorite vegan restaurant!!!

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

I have been enjoying Zizi's in Charlotte for well over a year....found through Happy Cow. I can't tell you how excited I was to learn that Zizi's was opening in Greensboro, saving me a 90 minute drive to Charlotte! I have my favorites that I return to time and again. The Philly Cheese Steak sub and the Grilled Fish subs are DELICIOUS - Addictive! The cauliflower-potato mash is also yummy and unique. My hubby and I just tried the Mac and Cheese, and we love it.

You can't go wrong at Zizi's. The food is fresh and always tasty. That explains their following of so many people willing to drive a long distance to the Charlotte location.

Enjoy!

Pros: Delicious, fresh food, Friendly owner and staff, Excellent variety of food
Cons: No place to sit yet

Randomblasts
Randomblasts

Great start to a newbie

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

I've just started eating vegetarian and I was a bit wary about a vegan Philly cheesesteak. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable, sandwich was ready exactly when they said it would be, and most importantly, sandwich was very good. I'll definitely be coming back and I now have heard from someone else Buffalo chicken sandwich is amazing.

lisachappell
lisachappell

So yummy you gotta try it!

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

My husband and I tried Zizi's takeout for the first time tonight. I've got to say it was some of the best vegan food I've had in a long time. We tried the philly cheese steak, grilled veggie sub with steamed veggies on the side. So delish! You've got to try it.

Pros: good quality food, makes food from scratch, friendly service
Cons: wish this were a dine in restaurant

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Zizi's Vegan To Go: