Serves meat, veg options available. Health conscious cafe. Offers a daily changing wholefoods menu in addition to fresh fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies, fair-trade organic coffee. Try the vegan chocolate hazelnut mousse. Sells pre-made foods in the refrigerated case for quick meals. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Western, Bakery, Juice bar, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg

ellamc
  • raw

Awesome!

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2013

Ask them for a raw lasanga -- you can get one. Ask for raw apple cobbler, they'll make you one. Incredibly yummy with loads of options ON THE MENU for the vegan and vegetarian. (They also source Mom's Market with raw live prepared/packaged foods as well as do a food delivery service.) The emphasis is on health and locally-sourced good options to eat consciously. The family knows about feeding us, and it's wonderful to have another Troia making especially health-conscious, vegetarian foods for us in a lovely setting with all the right bells & whistles. YUM!

Pros: organic yummy food hits the spot!, clean & pleasant place, lovely staff
Cons: more raw options would be nice, parking can be a pain
smilingnurtritarian
smilingnurtritarian

Ymmy

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2012

The powerhouse at Zia's are great! I had one vegan style, sans the cheese and my friend had the meat version. Both of us were very pleased with our sandwiches.

Pros: excellent service, good value, healthy cuisine
Cons: was a bit noisy but worth it
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Great Veg and Vegan Options in a Cozy Little Place

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2009

Even though I've worked in this area for over a year, I JUST got myself over to Zia's... boy, do I wish I did it sooner! Although there are a few meat dishes there, there is quite a variety of veg and vegan options... both to order fresh or pre-packaged. I was impressed by their pre-packaged foods. Most were vegan and raw. Some examples: beet ravioli, zucchini alfredo, falafel, spring rolls, mock tuna, and various salads. I ended up getting a fresh marinated tofu wrap, which was delicious (though kind of plain), and a scrumptious strawberry banana smoothie. I highly recommend this place to veg, vegan, raw food, and generally healthy eaters! Oh, and it's a cute place, with a decent amount of tables inside and a few tables on the sidewalk outside. The staff is friendly and helpful. The prices are bit high, but this always seems to be the case when locally grown food and organic ingrediants are used, so it doesn't bother me.

Pros: Food is tasty and healthy, Great variety of foods, Great staff
Cons: Bit pricey but not unreasonable, Sometimes run out of certain food items

jmspearman
jmspearman

Great veggie delights

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2008

The Royal Hawaiian smoothie is fantastic and filling. The tofu sandwich with pesto is excellent. In brief, everything I've tried there is wonderful and fresh. Although they have meat items, this place really caters to vegetarians, raw food enthusiasts and vegans. I worked in the area for two weeks and ate there almost every day. Great staff, too. (no, they didn't pay me, ha).

Pros: Great veggie selection., Great fresh smoothies.
Cons: Close early (7pm most nights)

Dear Owner and Manager of Zia's: