Cheery Chinese vegetarian restaurant serving mock meat imitation & vegetable dishes, sushi, soups, health drinks. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Japanese
Lot 139 Jalan Padungan
Kuching, Malaysia
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by junya
lavanya
lavanya

Vegetarian in Kuching China Town

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

Food is average, clean and inexpensive for Chinese buffet lunch. Friendly owner. Business hour start from 6.30am. Next to police station in kuching's china town.

junya
junya

Lost in translation

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2011

My interpretation of the English on menu differed from that of the shop: I pointed to "Veg. steamed bean curd" and "Fresh soy milk" but, after a long wait (and I was the only customer!), I got steamed bean curd skin (not tofu) with no vegetables, and a can of soy drink. The server's limited English and my limited Malay and Chinese squashed any possibility of discussing our differences. I tasted the dish and, while it was not inedible, it was not something I would expect to be served in a restaurant.

This encounter really was too brief to serve as a basis for an overall rating, but this review's web form requires it. The intention of this short review is to alert others to the possibility of unexpected outcomes when dining here.

Updated from previous review on Friday February 04, 2011

Cons: undistinguished food with poor presentat, menu ambiguities, slow service

Dear Owner and Manager of Zhen Xiang Zhai: