Serves meat, veg options available. Juice and coffee bar with a small food menu. Will accommodate gluten-free and veggie diets upon request. Has wifi internet access. Price: Moderate more-less
Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SteveFrancis
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Disappointing

1 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2013

Having read previous reviews of this cafe, I admit I went in with quite high expectations, which were rapidly dashed. There was nothing at all for vegans except for beetroot soup, which was very overpriced (along with most other meals on display). I had a mediocre coffee and a packet of crisps and left hungry! On the only plus side, the staff seemed nice enough.

Pros: Nice staff
Cons: Overpriced, Lack of vegan options, Mediocre coffee
  • zestcafe zestcafe

Hi Imogen, i've pulled everyone up on this. So now there is no excuse for them not advising anyone about the salad bar or not going out of their way to help every customer. My website is getting constructed just now and will feature both shops.. so we are on it! i'm just learning as i go along, so feedback good or bad is always helpful!

• imogenmichel imogenmichel

I did say I was vegan; it would have been great if they'd told me about the salad bar or it had been listed on this website as that would have made me very happy!

• zestcafe zestcafe

Hi Imogen thanks for your review... we stopped having so many vegan options as we opened a salad bar a 3min walk away with a massive selection of food for vegans/vegetarian/gluten free. we have a choice which is made fresh and changes daily of about 15 salads covering all dietary needs.. along with selections of raw juices, smoothies, nuts, dried fruit packs. Did you tell the staff you were vegan or ask for alternatives as we are always happy to make something to order.

hack_man
hack_man

Full of Zest

3 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2010

A modern juice bar that sells hot drinks, sandwiches, paninis, smoothies and juice boosters in beautiful St Andrews. They cater well for vegans and vegetarians as stated on their blackboard outside (pictured). Quite pricey (£3.25 for a small fruit juice booster) but you can get a sandwich and soup of the day for a £4.95 deal. Vegetarian and vegan sandwich fillings include fire roasted vegetable, cheese and pickle and beetroot and brie. Soup of the day was carrot and corriander. This is a busy place and one of the better of the fast food / snack places in St Andrews where there are now a plethora of daytime eating establishments some of which are on the poor side. One day some bright spark will come up with a well needed 100% vegetarian cafe in this University town and the students will come flocking. I wish I was a student again here as there was nothing like this in the 1990's.

Pros: sandwich range, nice juices
Cons: prices
SteveFrancis
SteveFrancis

Great!

4 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2009

Very convenient. Good choice of vegan options, including cakes. Loved the vegan chocolate brownie! Soy milk offered instead of cow's milk, and NO EXTRA CHARGE - very impressed. We have soy hot chocolate, but good choice of vegan smoothies too. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Pros: Vegan options, No surcharge for soy milk, Good options

Dear Owner and Manager of Zest: