Zen Vegetarian Restaurant

One of the vegetarian restaurants in Westminster, this one also known as Quan Com Chay Viet Nam. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Chinese, Take-out
9329 Bolsa Ave (between Moran and Bushard, in Little Saigon, Orange County)
Westminster, California 92683
714-895-3637

Open Wed-Mon 9:30am-10pm, closed on Tue.

First Review by callthecops
H
H

Great Pho & other noodle soups

5 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

My favorite place to go for Pho and other Vietnamese noodle soups. They do them very well and the portions are great for the price. The rest of there menu with the veggie meats is ok, not as tasty as some other places I've been, but still pretty good. But like I said, I mainly go for the soups! And the folks that work there are really sweet. The older ladies don't speak much English, but they get by.

Pros: Pho's & Soups, Price, Friendly place
alethea0623
alethea0623

Great vegan food, great service

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

This is one of the best vegan restaurants in california. I had a huge order to go and when I brought the food to my family, all 14 people thought it was the best food ever. definitely get the chicken claypot, best dish ever. Very nice family owns it. I live in las vegas and make it a point to go to zen everytime I am in california.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff
melodiouspunk
melodiouspunk

Simply great food... veggie or not.

5 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2009

I found out about this place through a close friend of mine. I honestly do know a little about vietnamese food as I have quite a few vietnamese friends. I must say though that I was very skeptical about soy meat products. I am very happy to say hough that the soy meat products they had were simply excellent. I found myself forgetting that I wasn't eating meat quite often, and to top it off, didn't miss eating meat at all while I was there. I've been back quite a few times since my first visit, and have been trying many different dishes on the menu, as they have a wide selection of choices. Another thing about the restaurant is the atmosphere. There are paintings on the walls by local artists, a piano in the back, and the patio outside looks like a parisian bistro from out of a Monet painting. It really is a charming little place to have lunch or dinner, or even some cafe su dat (vietnamese coffee.) The vegetables are fresh, the sauces are tasty and the wait staff is(are) charming; One young lady in particular whose name escapes me was particularly adorable ;-) I guess I just can't say enough good things about the place. One more thing is that the food tastes very authentic to my knowledge, which is something I find to be very important. I highly recommend this establishment for anybody looking for a great vietnamese vegetarian experience!

Pros: Authentic, Fresh, Charming
Cons: Needs to be bigger..., So I can bring..., more friends!
foleysj
foleysj

health issues

2 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2008

the food might be good (or even great), but their health standards seem to be sub-par. so, you may be getting more than you ordered if you choose to dine here.

Pros: menu, taste
Cons: unsanitary condition
nokobebeef
nokobebeef

5 stars to Zen Vegetarian !!

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2008

Great selection of soups and dish selections. The Thai beef salad, Tom Yum soup, and stir fried noodles were excellent. Very nice patio area to relax during meal. A really nice bargain for the quality and friendly service. A great family feel to this nice resturant. Would definitely recommend Zen Vegetarian even for non-vegans !! 5 STARS !!

Pros: food quality, price, service

Cheryl1
Cheryl1

aweful

2 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2008

Fair service. Did not like the food, have had much better. Had more rice and celery than anything else. Not worth it.

Cons: not worth it
LimeDimeQT27
LimeDimeQT27

Yummy vegan place

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2008

At first I thought it was take out only with pre-made food in the display case but they have a full menu. They have great soy "egg"rolls. They have soy fish, squid, shrimp, chicken, beef and duck. The sweet and sour tofu is great as well as their soups and noodles. I highly recommend this place! Check it out, they have such a variety of food choices

Pros: Many different fo-meats, friendly staff
callthecops
callthecops

paradise!

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2006

wonderful service and delicious affordable food! even the egg noodles are vegan. try the pork spring rolls as an appatizer. their "fish" is some of the best i've had. the soy fish on sizzling plate with vegetables and rice paper is fun to eat and tasty. soy fried fish with lemongrass is also delicious, however very deep fried. i also suggest the soy chicken rice with fried chicken (kinda broken english) and the roasted chicken, which is shaped like a bird. there's also an extremely inexpensive deli several interesting-looking items.

Pros: mouthwatering fish!, helpful service!
Cons: too far from my house

Dear Owner and Manager of Zen Vegetarian Restaurant: