Popsicles and ice cream made with fresh and organic fruit and herbs. Has vegan and organic menu choices including a "deep chocolate" vegan ice cream. Previously located on Kill Devil Hills. Every Summer hours are Mon-Sat 1pm-10pm. more-less
Now Open

Tue-Sat 1:00pm-6:00pm

First Review by Kind ConfectionsOBX
NicoleF
NicoleF

A must eat!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2015

We went back 3 times. Even our no vegan relatives loved the ice-cream sandwiches. AMAZING!!!!

chwjmu114
chwjmu114

OMG

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2015

Get the chocolate on chocolate ice cream sandwich and come find me and thank me after. My mom is isn't vegan and got one and hasn't stopped talking about it. This place rocks and has lots of options!

XDfishyXD
XDfishyXD

Delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2015

The vegan ice cream cookie sandwiches and pops are amazing. My favorite is the chocolate/chocolate ice cream cookie sandwich and the cookies are the best chocolate cookies I've ever tasted. The ice cream is also delicious and has a great consistency; it is soft and does not melt quickly like some vegan ice creams.

Pros: excellent ice cream, friendly staff, tasty vegan cupcakes available

RPCBASS
RPCBASS

yum yum yum!!! chocolate/chocolate

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2015

Zen Pops of kitty hawk has some of the most creamy vegan ice cream I've ever tasted. The cookies that they use to make the chocolate/chocolate ice cream sandwiches are some of the most delicious I've ever tasted!!! I haven't tried any of their delicious sounding popsicles yet because the ice cream is so wonderful. My fiancée and I were visiting NC and the woman working gave us advice on where to find other vegan eats. This place is worth a stop if you're in the Outer Banks. Yum!

Pros: vegan options clearly labeled, multiple vegan options including cupcake, friendly and very helpful staff
itzLaurenR
itzLaurenR

Heaven, Frozen

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2015

I only wish we could have visited multiple times! My husband, my brother, and I all rolled our eyes with double chocolate (vegan) ice cream cookie sandwiches. The popsicles were enticing, and they have lovely flavor combos all around. Also find some specialty (vegan) cupcakes and such for sale. Everything is handmade in Kitty Hawk.

Pros: quality, creativity
veryvegan
veryvegan

awesome ice cream monster sandwiches!

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2015

The coconut pops were the best I've ever had!

Pros: taste, location , atmosphere
zenpopsshop
zenpopsshop

Yum!

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2015

Must try the pineapple cilantro pops! The watermelon Agave is awesome too!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 25, 2012

busybeeyogini
busybeeyogini

we will return!

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

Amazing! They are not usually open on Monday, but we're in the office in the back, so we were able to get one of their delicious treats! The owner was very helpful and gave us recommendations on where to eat in the area. We tried ice cream sandwiches, wow! Some are vegan. Next time to the Popsicles :)

Libby Ann
Libby Ann

Out of Stock

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

I could only give them 4 stars because they were out of everything I wanted to try. I ended up getting a pint of their vegan chocolate ice-cream. It was delicious! We asked for plastic spoons to eat it with and they acted like that was a strange request. An ice-shop with no spoons...lol. She did finally round a couple up though. Maybe they were hers from her take-out lunch or something.

Pros: delicious, cute shop, vegan options
Cons: out of stock, no spoons
RonnieWeinstein
RonnieWeinstein
  • non-vegetarian

A Great Surprise!

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

Meets both of my criteria for dessert...awesome tasting & healthy! Can't wait to get back to the OBX for another round.

Pros: Clean, Artsy, Casual, Comfortable, Super Friendly Service, Delicious, Reasonably priced & Healthy
Cons: Wish they were open until 9 PM, WIsh they had a location in NOVA
sprouted
sprouted

my new favorite spot

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

I can not get enough vegan dark chocolate ice cream!!! It is SO good!! I have bought other grocery store Soy/Coco vegan ice creams and this one is way better!!

Such a nice addition to the beach. I hope they will see a ton of support from the community and tourists.

Pros: location, decor, friendly
obxmaureen
obxmaureen

Great Vegan Ice Cream

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

As of this writing they have only one flavor of vegan ice cream and several vegan pops. I have only had the ice cream (chocolate) and it is really good! I recently approached the owner about making a vegan ice cream cake for my daughter's birthday party and they gladly accepted the request. The cake was beautiful and delicious! i literally cant wait for my birthday so i can get them to make me another cake!

Pros: Family owned and operated, friendly and accommodating
Cons: i'm living for the vegan chunky monkey
Guest
Guest

So Fresh!

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2012

My family and I love Zen Pops! They are so fresh and delicious! My fav? Strawberry Kiwi! It has that fresh, picked from a field, strawberry taste with big kiwi chunks! To die for!

Dear Owner and Manager of Zen Pops: