Zen Gardens - Mississauga

Chinese vegetarian restaurant with several locations. Features a variety of Asian vegetable dishes, mock meat dishes, sushi, dim sum, and others. Large selection of tea. Quiet and relaxed. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Asian, Take-out

mightyleone
mightyleone

Great Restaurant

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

I've been here a lot. It's about 40km (one way) for me to come here but me and my hubby think it's worth. The food may be a bit pricey but taste really good. We've tried so many dishes here. The noodles soup we love the most is "noodles braised with the soy sauce". We also love their combos, too. Anyway, it's a very nice restaurant to go and try.

Warren Nelson
Warren Nelson

Gourmet!

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

This is a nice restaurant to enjoy a special evening as the staff are very considerate and the atmosphere quiet and relaxing. They also do spiritual "tea-tastings" on Fridays (noon to 9pm) for $10/person. I haven't done that yet but look forward to experiencing that sometime soon and updating my review! I suspect there is quite a bit of sodium used in the seasoning as I am usually hungry and thirsty an hour after eating here.

Pros: teas are a nice complement with the meal, staff very courteous, atmosphere quiet/relaxing
Cons: a little pricey, high salt/sodium in food
tarasaurus13
tarasaurus13

LOVE!

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

I've been to the Cambridge, Guelph, London and Mississauga locations and they are all fantastic.
The menu tends to vary at each location with same dishes being vegan at some locations but not at others (not sure why?) - but overall I can always find something great to eat at any of them.

I have even dined with my very discerning and meat loving father at Zen Gardens for lunch and he was impressed by the food.

I tend to frequent the Mississauga location the most, the ladies on staff are always welcoming.

Pros: Food, Staff, Options

MissDeeCanada
MissDeeCanada

Yummy!

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

Been to a few of their locations and always so happy! Great food! Lots of choices! Zen gardens is a great restaurant! Amazing smoothies as well!

Pros: lots of choices
Cons: no alcohol served
lizkelly
lizkelly

MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

Mostly everything on the menu is vegan, if it isn't, it is clearly specified that it contains dairy and/or egg. There are SO many options on the menu. This place has amazing variety and flavour. The wonton soup is amazing, the sweet and sour bites, kung po soy fritters, crispy soy fritters (tastes like how i remember KFC popcorn chicken), all the noodle dishes, the sushi.. I've brought many non vegetarian/non vegan friends here and they've all loved it. I go here way too often. There have been times where I've ordered something I havent liked so i suggest if you go and dont like it, you give it another try!

Pros: almost all vegan, AMAZINGly delicious, well priced
Cons: lots of deep fried (still delicious)
hot444heather
hot444heather

Zen Gardens

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2010

I loved the food & the atmosphere. I will go back & recomend to friends.

Ken4057
Ken4057

If you like King's Cafe, you'll like this

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2009

This is part of King's Vegetarian Food group of restaurants which also includes King's Cafe in Toronto, Zen Garden in Moncton, and a bunch of others scattered across Ontario, Quebec and the east coast.

If you read the reviews of King's cafe you'll get a good sense of what they serve. Huge menu full of Chinese-Buddhist mock meat dishes. Yum.

The restaurant looks brand new and beautiful, but it's located in an unfortunately developed area (Mississauga, natch).

Dear Owner and Manager of Zen Gardens - Mississauga: