Zen Gardens - Guelph

Chinese vegetarian restaurant with several locations. Features a variety of Asian vegetable dishes, mock meat dishes, sushi, dim sum, and others. Large selection of tea. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Asian, Take-out
104 Surrey St E (Wyndham St)
Guelph, Ontario N1H 3P9
519-341-0866

Open Mon-Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-9:30pm.

First Review by Richard Myers
markc7
markc7

Good, sometimes Great

3 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2013

I used to really love this place in London. Here in Guelph, i've had just ok meals. The atmosphere is lovely, though.

Pros: Reasonable Price, chill Atmosphere
Cons: Food Just Ok
bovverbhoy
bovverbhoy

Solid

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2012

Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for veg/vegan food with an Asian theme. I have family members who are not veg and they look forward to eating here.

Pros: Good food, Decent choices , Good presentation
Cons: Can be a little pricey
WebWench
WebWench

Enjoyed an early father's day dinner!

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

Took the husband and two kids here to dinner while we were passing through. Everything was quite enjoyable. I will give a point form feedback on each dish as it will be easier to read:
- miso soup: my son had this and it was good and a large serving
- wonton soup: The broth was mild and the wonton delicious
- hot 'n sour soup: spicy and yummy!
- bbq buns: yummy but not much in the middle
- mock chicken balls: kids had these, loved them but more breading that I would have cared for
- avocado/cucumber sushi: good but rice heavy. still enjoyed it though!
- kung po chicken: very very yummy! huge portion
- curry chicken (came with potato/tofu/mock chicken/rice): my husband had this and enjoyed it, but I wasn't too fond of the curry

Overall we very much enjoyed our dinner. All that came to $65 w/tax. We had leftovers too! We will definitely go back if we are in Guelph again.

Pros: Excellent selection, Yummy food, Large portions
Cons: Small dining room

Jo-Anne
Jo-Anne

our favourite restaurant in Guelph

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2009

We've visited this restaurant several times now, and always enjoyed great food, and helpful and attentive service. The only "problem" we've had, is trying to decide between so many attractive vegetarian options! On our most recent visit, there were a number of new dishes added to the menu, so we had to try some of them. The stir fry yam noodles and veggie fish casserole were delicious, and the tea was also delightful. Whenever we're in Guelph, we try to plan the day around a visit to Zen Gardens.

Pros: great food, excellent service, great vegetarian selection
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Not bad for a chain restaurant

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2008

A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to eat at the London, Ontario branch of this chain of restaurants before I ate at the Guelph branch. On both occassions, the food was very good but I would suggest you not get carried away with the deep fried food since it will leave you with a heavy feeling. Other than that the restaurant serves good vegan food in a pleasant atmosphere. The menu has a good number of items to chose from. We found the restaurant to be very clean and the server was very friendly and helpful. If you like to have a beer with your meal you will have to go elsewhere or have it later since they do not sell alcohol with their meals.

Pros: Good vegan food, Nice atmosphere, Wide selection of menu items

Dear Owner and Manager of Zen Gardens - Guelph: