Zen Forrest

Serves meat, veg options available. While the menu is primarily meat based Southeast Pan Asian food (Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Vietnam), you could choose tofu as a protein in some dishes. There is a tofu sautéed with fresh vegetable dish (tofu zen), and tofu stir-fry, or as for the "vegan surprise" and the chef will cook a dish for you. Price: Moderate more-less
Pan Asian, Fusion, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by SararaS
SararaS
SararaS

Delicious Vegan-Friendly Food!

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2012

This is an unlikely vegan mecca in NPR, but I've been to Zen Forest about 8 times when visiting my family and am always very impressed by my meal. I've only ordered the "Vegan Surprise" (which isn't on the menu), and chef Victor has created 8 unique and delicious all-vegan dishes using lots of vegetables and other fresh ingredients. No vegan surprise has ever been the same, and I've enjoyed them all! I highly recommend asking for the "coconut curry" sauce on any dish, because it never disappoints. Zen Forest also has edamame as an appetizer (yum!) and an assortment of beers and sake to complete the experience. If you're in the area, check them out!

Pros: Great vegan food, Friendly/knowledgeable staff, Generous portions
Cons: Serves meat :(

Dear Owner and Manager of Zen Forrest: