Zazie - via Malcontenti

Juice and smoothie bar also offering packaged salads (such as with couscous), fruit bowls, and a daily soup. Uses natural and organic ingredients. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Juice bar, Western, Take-out

First Review by Alessandro
Nathan
Nathan

Cute & Cozy

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

I visited here twice, 2 days in a row. (July 31st and August 1st, 2011). The 31st was a Sunday, and if you've traveled in Europe you know that finding a place, let only a quality place, that's open on a Sunday in southern Europe is a big deal. Needless to say, I was super excited to see that Zazie was 1 of 2 of 23 HC listings that is open on Sundays. (Centro Natura is the other open for Brunch)

Anyway... it's a small place (7 seats) but cozy & clean. I had the pleasure to meet the owner, Marco, and he is super guy not to mention speaks English very well (as did the other staff member I met).

They have a nice selection of fresh juices, smoothies, a daily soup, fruit salads, granola and other bits and bites including cous cous. They have "whaetgrass" but it comes in a jar and has other ingredients in it. Most things are Vegan but they do carry milk and yogurt. My only critic would be the lack of GREENS! However, that seems to be the norm for Europe. (I've been here for 4 months, 2 of which were spent on a farm and at farmers markets and I have not once seen Kale!)

Overall, it was a good experience and I would return.

If you can read a little Italian, be sure to check out their website. It's very informative.

Pros: Open on Sundays, The staff
Cons: Lack of Greens, Small
Alessandro
Alessandro

Take a look at the blackboard...

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2010

... to see the fruit and vegetables list of the day. Small place with 3 seats inside, lovely atmosphere, friendly service. Quite good gazpacho.

Pros: good choice, helpful staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Zazie - via Malcontenti: