Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a range of vegetarian items including falafel, hummus, baba ghanouj, grape leaves stuffed with rice & spices, tabouli, salads, pita sandwiches, veggie kabobs. Nice atmostphere with curtains, wooden shades, hookahs, and dimmed lighting. One of the only places to eat vegetarian in Cordova. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Middle Eastern, Delivery, Non-veg
694 N Germantown Pkwy Ste 64 (Trinity)
Cordova, Tennessee 38018

FP
FP

So Disappointed

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2014

We were excited to see this restaurant so close to our new home. We love Arab food and culture. And there was a sign advertising "Vegan Catering"--an inviting change of pace in this BBQ town.
What huge disappointment Zaytoon was on all fronts! The ful was runny, clumpy, and pretty tasteless, not like good Egyptian full at all, the za'atar pizza we ordered was saturated so with oil that you couldn't even taste the za'atar. The spit of shwarma meat and the lack of a non-dary substitute on the fruit smoothies belied the claim to vegan-sensability. But the most disappointing part of all was the dourness bordering on rudeness by the sole member of the staff present. As I said to my companions, I've travelled throughout the Arab world, where warm hospitality is a constant, and never have met such an unfriendly fellow. Will not be returning, I'm afraid. But if you go, please don't take this to be representative of that part of the world, not in terms of the quality of the cuisine or friendlienss!

janddburlison
janddburlison

One of My Faves

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

This restaurant is wonderful. Every time we go through Memphis area I coerce my husband to go there. It doesn't take much convincing, because he enjoys it also. The service is good, the servers are friendly, and the food is great! We WILL be back! The sooner the better. And we have to go all the way from Southern Illinois to get there!!!

Pros: Great food, Great service, Peaceful Atmosphere
amberv
amberv

Yum!

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2010

Friendly staff, good food. They bring you Moroccan tea at the end of your meal but it has honey in it, so if you don't eat honey tell them when you order that you don't need tea. The prices are very good, for example the falafel pita sandwich with a side is only 4.99.

Dear Owner and Manager of Zaytoon: