Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food place opened in Mar 2013 across from SOPA Square in Kelowna Mission. Many dishes can be made with tofu instead of meat. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

lovelytricks
lovelytricks

Wonderful hidden gem!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2015

I first stumbled upon this restaurant completely by accident, and it is now one of my favourite places to eat out in Kelowna as a vegan, as I feel like it gives me lots of options and the food is absolutely delicious!
It is true that vegetarian/vegan options are not written directly on the menu, but after asking the owner/manager I found out that almost every main noodle, curry or rice dish can be made with a tofu substitute, and it really is that easy. I personally have tried the red curry, pineapple-fried rice, "chicken cashew", cucumber salad & of course pad thai! (Always a favourite).
I have brought many people here and everyone I have has loved it!
The customer service is also excellent, on a couple occasions the manager has packed extra rice for free to go with my leftovers :).
If you are planning to come on the weekend, I would be sure to make a reservation, as the restaurant itself is not very big and it is often busy, but I feel this adds to its small, home-cooked vibe. Also, although it is small, I must say the decor is modern and everything appears immaculate.
Can't say enough good things, try it out for yourself!
P.s. I was not given the option to give this 5 stars, but I would if I could!

Pros: Good customer service, Delicious food, Flexible options
Cons: Can be busy/crowded at times
chel534
chel534

Yum

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2013

They do not have any vegetarian options on the menu, but when I asked they said they could prepare some of the meals with tofu. I ordered the "chicken cashew" dish with tofu and it was pretty good. The meals were a bit small, but priced fairly.

The server did not know which dishes could be made vegetarian, but a manager came over to explain. She told me the Tom Yum Noodle Soup has meat broth and they cannot make vegetarian spring rolls.

Pros: Some dishes can be made with tofu, Restaurants looks modern and new
Cons: No vegetarian spring rolls, No vegetarian options on the menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Zabb Thai Restaurant: