Yunlaiju - Windlucky

Name in Chinese is 云来居素食馆. Address in Chinese is 深圳福田区香蜜湖度假村中国娱乐城大门南侧. Yunnan-style vegetarian dishes. Various types of mushrooms and herbs from Yunnan are used in the preparation of the dishes. Also serving a selection of pu'er tea. No eggs used. Directions: Located a the southern side of China Entertainment City, take metro to Honey Lake Station exit C, behind the Honey Lake automobile market. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buddhist

flytheorient
flytheorient

Fantastic!

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

Had a chance to visit Shenzhen last week and was recommended this restaurant by the hotel staff as it was the closest thing to where I was staying.

The location is a bit tricky as it is located within a park through many alleyways. The first taxi driver flat-out refused to take me. It took much convincing by the hotel concierge for the 2nd taxi to give it a try, but it even took a couple phone calls by the driver to find this restaurant.

Once I made it there the staff was extremely friendly but spoke little English. The place has the look and feel of an ancient Buddhist temple. I ordered a main and bowl of personal soup. Everything on the menu looked fantastic but could not try many as I'm always a lone vegan diner! There is a wonderfully done picture menu that has no English on it. Once they realized I read no Chinese they brought out an English menu that is very extensive with no pictures.

The food was fantastic and I ended up ordering 2 extra mains plus 2 rice bowls and the total was 150RMB including a pot of hot tea. Will definitely return to try other dishes.

They also have a website at www.ss520.org

Pros: peaceful atmosphere, English menu, very friendly staff
Cons: hard to find
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Glorious!

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2009

I am going to have to make time to modify my "Fave 10" list.

Yunlaiju is way better than a "5 HappyCows" rating!

I had dinner at Yunlaiju last night with 2 friends - my second visit!

Remarkable!

Just their selection of teas makes a visit worthwhile - I chose freshly roasted buckwheat tea!

Warning - you have to navigate a maze of un-named streets to find it - study the location carefully / ask locals for help in finding it before you go!

Dear Owner and Manager of Yunlaiju - Windlucky: