Little cafe offering a variety of vegan meals plus drinks, and snacks - from Taiwanese rice and noodle dishes to spaghetti and sandwiches. Address 台北市北投區中央南路一段218號. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Fusion, Taiwanese
218, Sec. 1, Zhongyang South Road, Beitou District
Taipei, Taiwan
02-28947570

Mon-Sun 11:30am-3:30pm, 5:00pm-8:00pm

First Review by cj the taniwha
Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Something Different

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2015

This place has a good hummus pita wrap, a nice change from the usual rice and veggies most places serve. Delicious chocolate cake for dessert.

Pros: Vegan, Hummus pita, Chocolate cake
StephieLin
StephieLin

Good food with good vibe

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2015

We stopped by Yummy Vegan House for lunch while heading back from New Beitou MRT Station. It was a small place with nice outdoor seating. They offer a variety of cuisine from Traditional Chinese noodles to Japanese Ramen. The food is made on the spot, it is fresh and healthy, and has a homemade flavour to it. Portions were large enough to fill a famished tummy. They also offered wholemeal option for their noodles for an additional of NT$10. They have English menu and the staff speaks basic English.

I ordered a wholemeal Japanese miso ramen while my partner ordered a wholemeal Taiwanese sesame and peanut noodle. We also had peanut tofu as a side dish. Our order was yummy and filling. Our bill was less than NT$300.

Recommend to eat there if you are in the area.

Pros: Yummy and Filling , Cheap and Cheerful , Healthy and Fresh
JesseD
JesseD

Go there on the way to Tamsui

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2014

The other reviewers have said it all: this place is a small, peaceful restaurant serving delicious, affordable vegan meals. It's well worth the walk from the Beitou Hot Springs Area.

But I want to add, since I live in Tamsui, that there are no good vegan (or hardly even any good vegetarian) options here, so if you're coming from Taipei to Tamsui, it's well worth stopping off here on the way through, before or after your visit. It can be reached from Qiyan, Beitou or Xin Beitou, but if just passing through to Tamsui then Qiyan is closest and easiest, from which it's a pleasant walk mostly underneath the MRT tracks.

Pros: great food, all vegan, great value - very inexpensive , good variety for such a small restaurant

clary
clary

Cute Café For Nice Bites!

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2014

On my way to the Beitou hot springs I stopped by at Yummy Vegan Café!
The place is lovely, a cozy atmosphere, I sat there for one in the afternoon just reading a book. I tried the handmade dumplings & warm maple soy milk, both was really nice! It's quite small and then menu is limited, so I'm not sure if I would go all the way from Taipei centre to have dinner there, but if you are in the area, do visit them!

Pros: Good Food, Atmosphere, Near Beitou
Cons: Far From Centre, Limited Menu
kymp
kymp

Dumplings!

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2014

Really nice spot. Quite peaceful and a choice of indoor or outdoor seating.
The had an interesting range of dishes and the dumplings were superb.
The energy drinks were really tasty too.
They also have deserts and can do these take away.
It is half way between the 2 MRT stations, about 5 minutes walk from either.

cj the taniwha
cj the taniwha

Cheap, cheerful and tasty.

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Lovely little cafe with a simple menu friendly staff and English menu. One staff member speaks some basic English and they promise to be open every day. I had Thai style ramen masala curry rice and a blueberry energy smoothie. All were excellent and the portions so large I had to take a meal home for dinner and decline the free soup. My bill was only 285nt and two people would have eaten well for that. It is very close to the mrt station. It has indoor and outdoor seating and some stuff to entertain kids.

Pros: Big portions, Good value, Tasty food
Cons: limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Yummy Vegan House: