Yummy Cupcakes - Burbank

Dairy/egg cupcake bakery with locations in Southern California. Offers a large selection of regular cupcakes, with 2 vegan cupcake flavors each day. Accepts custom vegan cake orders. more-less

First Review by Sonja and Dirk
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Yummy Cupcakes

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

I've eaten cupcakes from all three locations on numerous occasions. Honestly, I'm quite glad that I live far away from all three because I'd gain 300 pounds in no time - that's how much I love these cupcakes, they're pretty great. They generally have 2-3 cupcakes on the menu and two of them rotate flavors every day. I've never come across a bad cupcake at YC, they're all great. My bf often stops at this location for me while on business trips and brings me home a cupcake (how sweet). We've also ordered the cupcakes in a jar from this location for my birthday last year. I highly recommend YC.

Chia
Chia

Ate my vegan cupcake

3 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Yummy Cupcakes review.

Had heard about this place offering vegan flavor options. So finally I bought one. The day's 2 vegan flavors were apple and vanilla. I got the apple. Cost $3.50 out-the-door.

The cake part was nice, spongy, and moist - I liked that. The frosting, however, was much too sweet for me personally.

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Name says it all...yummy!

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2011

I've had Yummy cupcakes a few times now and they are delicious. They have a monthly vegan special as well as a daily vegan special. July was the vanilla/vanilla cupcake which is quite tasty for being a basic cupcake. As for the daily specials, I've had the very berry, the red velvet cream cheese and the snickerdoodle. All very tasty although I personally think the frosting is a bit too sweet (except for the red velvet which was less so), but I generally always feel that way, so someone else may think they are perfect. I definitely look forward to trying more in shop specials as well as special ordering a flavor off their vegan menu should I ever need to serve a larger group too.

Pros: two vegan specials very day, delicious cake portion, additional separate vegan menu
Cons: a little too sweet

Dear Owner and Manager of Yummy Cupcakes - Burbank: