Yuanshen Statium - Vegetari...

Name 枣子树(源深体育中心店), address 浦东新区张杨路1458号源深体育中心北区3楼(近源深路). Menu is in Chinese but with photos. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese
Level 3 (northern part), Yuanshen Statium, 1258 Zhangyang Road, Pudong District
Shanghai, China

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by vh089

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2015

Cute place with free wifi and friendly service. The night my friends and I came, two of the four dishes we ordered were unavailable, so we ordered based on the waitress's recommendations. Overall, the fare was heavy on mock meats and not altogether notable or elegant-- I remember few dishes that were mostly vegetables. I wouldn't bring finicky eaters here.

Not a bad meal at all, but just okay. Dumplings were our best dish, and a mock chicken curry was rich and as good or a little better than most veg curries in the city. The "fishy eggplant" is not eggplant nor is it fishy-- cabbage and mushrooms in a broth. Desserts are not altogether inspiring-- red bean cakes, papaya with something called peach glue?, etc.

Pros: friendly staff, good value
Cons: serves dairy, not enough vegetable dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Yuanshen Statium - Vegetarian Lifestyle: