Casual veggie cafe on Gärtnerstrasse 27, serving veggie burgers, wraps, and pizza with faux meats, plus salads. Wir haben täglich von 12:00 bis 24:00 für euch geöffnet. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Fast food

First Review by hack_man
malalaya
malalaya

unclean, cheap, relaxed

3 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

I just revisited this place after about 5 years, the food is still really awesome, greasy Junkfood (loved the Calamaris-Wrap, totally weird and awesome), but it was just too unclean.. Can´t decide if I still like it..

Pros: Not healthy
Cons: Not healthy
MateuszK
MateuszK

Not so good vegan fast food

2 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

I like to eat vegan junk/fast food from time to time and can appreciate good vegan fast food. Unfortunately what they’ve served us in Yoyo was not good – it was actually barely eatable. This is one place we will certainly avoid on our future trips to Berlin.

xnawakx
xnawakx

Simple, Nice And Excellent !

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

Great place with a huge choice of vegan burgers. The food is simple and good. Plus it s a goot place to check out what is going on in the punk/crust/hardcore scene in Berlin.

Pros: Good, Cheap, Simple
Cons: Nothing

J-Veg
J-Veg

Does what it says

3 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2014

If you want your cruelty-free junk-food hit, this is the one of the best places is Berlin to go.

The portions aren't huge, but you won't leave hungry and I think the prices are reasonable when you consider the what ingredients are used to prepare the food.

There's plenty to choose from as well so be prepared to be spoiled for choice. Option include (dozens of) burgers, pizza, wraps, salads, kebabs and other German fast-food specialities.

chrdold
chrdold

not convinced

2 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

I can´t say for sure but it felt like something in the burger attacked my teeth. Other than that it tasted fine but I found it rather small for the price considering Berlin. The interieur is useful, but makes it a place I wouldn´t spend my free time in.

Pros: tasty, nice choice
Cons: rather small burgers, not so nice
losthighway
losthighway

Good fast-food

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

One of my go-to joints for good, inexpensive, fast food.

The menu is very extensive and some things can be hit or miss.
The decor is bare-bones, and can sometimes be pretty messy - but it's part of the charm

The food quality is overall decent and you can get well fed for 5€. That said, if they raised the prices I would have to reconsider if it was worth it.

A good place to nurse a hangover, but not somewhere to impress your loved ones.

Pros: Inexpensive, Proper vegan fast-food
marcbr
marcbr

Excellent vegan fast food!

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

I've come here several times and I'm never disappointed. Pizzas are especially remarkable, among all of them the "Tuna" and onion. Cool place in a cool area and everything 100% vegan! Around 8/9€ per head main dish+beer.

Pros: Food, Price, Ambience
JonJon
JonJon

Not open so late...

2 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

Because they write the following on their website: "Wir haben täglich von 12:00 bis 24:00 für euch geöffnet!", we chose this fast food restaurant to eat after 11:00 pm when other vegan restaurants were closed.

We arrived at 11:40 pm, other customers were inside, finishing their dishes or waiting for their order to take away. When we wanted to ask for something, a man in the kitchen barked at us that they were closed, even though someone else was preparing an order to take away and even though there were a few dishes in the window of the counter.

As a consequence, we didn't eat this evening and were very disapointed by the way the man of this restaurant spoke to us and by the no respect of announced opening hours.

Cons: unfriendly staff, no respect of announced opening hours
ruaimhsheanta
ruaimhsheanta

Fast vegan food

4 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

On our last day in Berlin we went to YoYo's for some fast food. It wasn't very fast, but as there were some 20 or more other customers and only one chef, that was to be expected, and it was fast enough!
Again -for the second time in my life!- I could choose everything on the menu, and I really like that!
My friend and me chose the bacon cheeseburger with fries.
He drank Fritz Kola and I drank Fritz Apfelsaftschorle. I found that particularly nice, since I found out that even the drinks were completely vegan.
The burgers were 'juicy' and fresh made. The fries were very nice (from whole potatoes). The portions were okay, so no nagging feeling in the stomach an hour later (as is usually the case at fastfood restaurants)

Pros: fast and cheap, tasty
Cons: noisy, reasonable portions
EndikaW.Bush
EndikaW.Bush

Special place

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2013

This is not a common place and i noticed that at the very first moment when i got into Yoyo. Do not expect any quiet and tidy restaurant. This is the kind of place where i feel more comfortable, though. I didn't spend enough time to start a conversation with anyone but i know that i would have had lots of common things and points of view with the people inside. It really made me feel like home. But what's even more important, the spinach pizza i ordered definitely made my day.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 06, 2013

Pros: Vegan pizza, Atmosphere, Fair price
Cons: It's not in my city
paperbagblog
paperbagblog

Brilliant burgers!

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

Can't decide which is better - this place or Yellow Sunshine, they are so similar! Really good burgers - get the thousand island sauce!

KatieBatty
KatieBatty

Vegan Junk!

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

Another casual all vegan fast food cafe. Very cheap! I got the currywurst with fries which was just one medium sized sausage with a LOT of fries. I was hoping for a bit more. Too many fries! My partner had the hawaiian burger which was really nice. Not many desserts on offer. They speak English.

pesek
pesek

Visit vego instead

2 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

We went here a couple of times, just because we were in the neighbourhood. The first time was ok, my wifes burger was good but my gyros just tasted water. Then the downfall begun. The other two times the staff was terrible and rude, the food was bad (dry and overcocked, got a bacon slice that i could cut glass with). Loud disturbing music. Visit vego foodworld instead, better food and friendlier staff. I will never visit yoyo again.

Cons: the staff, the food, the loud music
Lolamoviola
Lolamoviola

Yeah!

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

YOYO is a small selfservice place with great food. A lot of burgers to choose, great potatoes and low prices. The place isn't so clean, but i liked it a lot!

norinora
norinora

OK food but bad service

3 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

I liked the food at Yoyos a lot but the place got dirtier and dirtier every time I went there. That's a pitty because the Spätzle were the best I ever had! Everything is quite fatty, so no option to eat healthy!

Pros: Fair Price, Big Menue
Cons: Dirty Place, Stressed Staff
NIlsI
NIlsI

junk food

3 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

It is a great place if you like to get fast junk food. And you can be sure that everything is vegan!

I like it!

Pros: junk food, price
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Decent meal

3 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

The food was nothing great compared to fast-food pros like Pogo (London) or Foodswings (NYC) but it was still pretty good. Cheap, too.

If you're looking for some good fast-food style vegan grub where they aren't cooking it on the same grill as a slab of dead cow, this is a good spot to go.

Pros: All-vegan
Cons: Burgers aren't the best
Janet Doe
Janet Doe

Tasty, Tasty, Tasty

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

What more can i say than: I looove "Yoyo's"!
The food is extremly tasty, the prices really fair and the hosts very friendly.

I'm not into the furniture but apart of this it is awesome and a real insider-hint!

Pros: Good, Prices, Location
goamiez
goamiez

tolles essen

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

sehr leckeres essen gibts dort. ich liebe die spätzle. das tiramisu ist auch der hammer. den döner fand ich nicht so gut, aber da gibts ja in berlin alternativen. trotzdem tolles restaurant.

Sebastiaan
Sebastiaan

Positive experience

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

Revieuws a somewhat mixed about this restaurant, which I can understand. It is not a standard restaurant, but it really became our favourite during our trip to Berlin. Ok, that was also beacause it was the nearest vegatarian restaurant to our Hotel, but certainly also because it was a nice experiance. It Looks old, and simple, may be not as clean as many other restaurants. But the owner is a nice guy and the food is simple cheap, and tasty and the portions are big. The noodles I had the second time were too salty, but the Lentil soup was very very good and the burgers are just fine with very good french fries and a lot of saled. I might not look as a rifined dinner, but it is has the charm om simple and filling food.

greenhexi
greenhexi

Nice place but food just OK

3 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

This is a shabby place with good seating options and acceptable service. Large menu. Food not so good though (burger, fries, salad), tasteless and limp.

Pros: Many tables
Cons: Food taste
vegancharlie
vegancharlie

pretty trashy but pretty good

2 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

yoyo's is a strange little place... weird vibe & interior. made even weirder when the chefs scream out the orders for you to collect...
BUT if you need a trashy fast food hit then thats what you'll get.
my man & i both got burgers & i've had way better & they were just slammed together so it turned messy.

the fries hit the spot though! crispy & home made with avo yummm

Anna Vladi
Anna Vladi

Some special

4 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

Impressive choice of food - u can get everything u wish as vegan or vegetarian dish. I love the atmosphere at this place even though sometimes it is a bit dirty. The food is pretty oily, but very tasty.

Pros: big choise, punky
Cons: dirty
ahronlu
ahronlu

Best place in Europe

5 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

Best pizza!!!

Pros: cheap, best pizza i the world, excellent food
Cons: not open in monday and tuesday
Tal
Tal

All vegan fast food, but unclean

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

It's an OK place to go if you have a craving for fast food.
The menu has a massive list of burgers, all vegan, and the servings are big. The food tastes OK.
Unfortunatelly, the place isn't very clean.

Pros: all vegan, large selection, large portions
Cons: unclean, oily fast food...
Jujuh
Jujuh

Lots of potential, but needs improvement

2 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

I ordered a soy burger, french fries and an Apfelschorle. While I was waiting I noticed that my table was dirty, and there were ketchup stains even on the heater next to me. Dirty plates and glasses would stay on the tables until the next guests would come and would clean the tables themselves before sitting. I didnt have to wait long for the food, and this was nice. However, my burger tasted like pretty much nothing and the french fries were extremely oily and just bad. Maybe I went there in a bad day, since many people already wrote good reviews about the place. Or maybe I am just used to good food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 15, 2011

slithers
slithers

Convenient

3 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

I was in Berlin at the end of May and ended up eating at Yoyo Foodworld twice, as it was close to our hotel on the Spree River. It's in a pretty nice area to walk around in and the food is decent with good portions and reasonably priced. Also, you can get vegan versions of traditional german foods like spaetzel. It is like "fast food" so don't expect a lot of healthy vegetable-based options - it's mostly faux-meat and faux-dairy (schnitzel, etc.). I probably wouldn't go out of my way to return, but if you're in the area, it's a good option.

Pros: large selection of schnitzels, all-vegan, English-speaking
Cons: hangover cafe (a bit grungy)
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

underwhelming

2 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

yoyo just isn't that good. it's open late, so that's nice. i feel like yoyo is used as a last resort, or worst case scenario for vegans in berlin. vego foodworld is a much better option, with a similar menu, and open late too. i would just go there for vegan fast food.

Pros: open late
Cons: food quality, service, decor
hurvinek
hurvinek

if you like fast food...go for it :)

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2012

so, this is imo really more a fast food kind of restaurant. BUT sometimes thats just all i want. a burger and some french fries. and the french fries at yoyo foodworld are perfect! so i will go there again.

Pros: french fries, large portions, good value
WildHeartedWoman
WildHeartedWoman

Just the thing for a lazy Sunday afternoon

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

I first visited Yoyo in Summer 2010 and have been back every time I've been in Berlin since (which is quite a few times.) I feel loyal to Yoyo now; it's just right for me!

The menu is enormous and everything is vegan, so choosing between the vast array of burgers and sizeable selection of pizzas and other dishes/ snacks always takes a while.

Yoyo is not an atmospheric or romantic restaurant; it's often busy and quite noisy, but it's friendly, unpretentious and lively and the staff are very friendly.

I'd recommend a visit here to any hungry vegan, vegetarian or omnivore in Berlin, especially if you're on a budget. I've introduced lots of people to this place: vegans, vegetarians and omnivores, and nobody has complained. The portions are very generous, and it's great (and a little baffling) as a vegan to be able to choose from such a huge menu and enjoy the unfamiliar experience of a huge and tasty burger and a mountain of chips in a retaurant.

Oh, and the chips! Thin and crispy and rustic and freshly fried. The chips are perfect.

Desserts tend to run out towards to end of the day, but try the Tiramisu if you can! If not, you can buy soya desserts and chocolate bars, as well as a small selection of other vegan food products, from the counter.

Pros: Cheap, Huge menu, Very tasty
Cons: Can be quite crowded/noisy
VegWeg
VegWeg

Hmm!!!

2 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

OK, it's food, but It's the type of food that gives vegans a bad name, kind of McNuggets junk food. If you're hungry, you can fill up on lots of carbs, and sauces, but if you are on a health diet, I wouldn't eat there every day. I've tried a few other places in Berlin and must say this is the worst, which is a shame because it has the potential to shine in such a good area. I hope they rethink their menu. I'll try it again next trip to Berlin and see. London rules for vegan.

Pros: Location
Cons: Unfriendly , Greasy, JunkFood
syntkatten
syntkatten

I love this place

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2011

Easy to find, lovely off-street location, nice staff, lots of different people, possibility to sit out side, GREAT food and also really worth the money, and it's still not expensive anyway!

Great burgers with fun toppings, lots of different wraps and vegan pizza as well.

Pros: Lots to choose from!, Price, Kvality of the food
Cons: self service
XspeedyX
XspeedyX

Fully vegan

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

This place is just like Yellow Sunshine except everything is vegan!!!!
We had the tofu burger, the salami pizza, calamari (gorgeous), chicken burger. They were all super!

macintosser
macintosser

Not very compelling...

2 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2011

... are the words I feel my fingers force me to type.

With many eateries in Berlin, it's a fact that they are mostly NOT run by staff or owned by proprietors who do not have a background in the food & beverage industry (Gastro in German). This often reflects in they way these business are run. Try to find a freshly wiped clean table is impossible. So called "bussing" is considered outlandish and, their bad service by often uninterested, unfriendly and unkempt staff seems to be what your custom gets rewarded and met with.

This is the case with Yo-Yo's Foodworld too... and is the reason why I do NOT and never will repeat my visit.

I have photographic evidence of what a take-away portion of chips (french fries) looks like... so I am not being vindictive here.

I see no reason why, yes, even in a veg(etari)an restaurant, the service could not be more professional.

With due regret, I am being forced to give this restaurant an undeserved 2 cows, though 1 would have sufficed.

Pros: Meatless
Cons: Dirty, Unfriendly, Unkempt staff
Take It Back
Take It Back

very unclean

2 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

Unfortunately what started out as the perfect burger place now became a very unclean place you do not want to eat at anymore.

Pros: none
Cons: unclean flatware, unclean plates, unclean glasses
beer and veg
beer and veg

Basic, Good Vegan Fast Food

3 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2011

Okay, it's burgers. In F'hain. Don't expect gourmet! The sandwiches and chips/fries are good, but a lot of the sandwiches clearly are based on something that comes out of a package that just gets heated up (sometimes not so heated). Of the burgers, the housemade is one of the best, along with the seitan burger. The pizza looked appealing, but I haven't tried it yet. Next time! For vegans, the menu alone is a bit exciting; so many options, with soy cheese! Unfortunately, I found the soy cheese a bit bland and not very cheesy, and never melted. I stopped ordering it. sandwich prices range from €2.70, i think, to €4 or so. Staff is fine, but not exactly inspiring of confidence. Free access to big squirt bottles of ketchup, but mayo, etc. available at a charge. Overall, I like this place, but it's just fast food.

Pros: lots of options, all vegan, good fries
Cons: prepackaged foods
Joloco
Joloco

Perfect for us

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2011

I'm really surprised to read such mixed reviews of this place on Happy Cow - we loved it! It was fast food (burgers, pizzas, HUGE wraps) but tasty and quick.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the prices reasonable. Plus, it was open over Christmas (not full hours, but until 2200 or 2300) which was very useful for us. Not really near to the main tourist centre, but Friedrichshain is a cool area with bars and restaurants.

They had a good range of drinks, including bottled smoothies and tea/coffee.

It's been compared to Yellow Sunshine in a few reviews, which is fair - if you like one then you'll like the other, it's pretty much the same thing really. We love both of them!

Pros: Vegan fast food, Cool atmosphere
ieatpunk
ieatpunk

Fast and tasty

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2010

About a 10 minute walk from the Ostkreuz S-Bahn station. Very large menu, all vegan. I had the "Hot Chilli Burger mit Pommes" and the Kirsch-Banane smoothie. Everything tasted great and was made within 5 minutes. The restaurant appears to do pretty well and was almost full at around 13.00. Highly recommended.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday December 22, 2010

Pros: all vegan, inexpensive, delicious
eye of judgement
eye of judgement

cheap, fast, food

3 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2010

fair restaurant if you're looking for a fast cheap, fat food. service was really quick, large portion of fries with vegan dips.
I recommend the hawaii burger and a smoothie, but the fries weren't very good.

Updated from previous review on Saturday November 29, 2008

Pros: cheap, fast, vegan
Cons: no atmoshphere, fries were pretty bad
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

It's OK, skip the vegan cheese though.

3 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2010

I ate at Yoyo Foodworld Friday afternoon. It's located in a young area in Friedrichshain and it's easy to get to on foot - if you're not staying in the area, simply take the U-Bahn U5 to Samariterstrasse and navigate from there. Luckily I speak some German because I had to order my food "auf Deutsch" I don't think the guy there knew English, but no big deal (even if you don't speak any German). I asked him what he recommended between a few different burgers and I ended up with the Seitan Bacon Cheese Burger. The first few bites were OK, but then when I got to the vegan cheese...yuck! My burger was edible but not something I would ever order again. I had not planned on returning, but tonight I unknowingly went to their sister location (Vego Foodworld) and was much happier with the food. The menu was exactly the same, but I just tried something different. I will say that I did like the decor and amibiance of the sister location much better, so if you're closer to that one, go to it instead.

Danet
Danet

Not recommended if you care about food

2 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2010

It's all vegan and ethical. Cool! And cheap. Hurrayyyy! But that's before you get in. 'Cause when you go out of there, there is a hole new dimension to the first impression.

You get there :
- This is dirty, the tables aren't cleaned on a regular base. Urggh, it's sticky when you touch the chair! (something like dried coke on it), after two minutes you can experience being surrounded by little pieces of vegetables from previous clients, all around (here a little carrot slice, there some onions on the floor).
- You make an order, the person is cool, smiles and speaks english. She is nice. Oh! And look behind her, you can see the kitchen... Urrgggg, ok, DIRTY is the right word...

Two hamburgers ordered, one hot, one with cheese.
- Hot one had way too much hot sauce, all you could taste biting it was "hot", couldn't notice it was a hamburger anymore. And yet I am used to Indian food and spices, the cook just didn't know where to stop.
- The cheese hamburger was just a normal one with a thick slice of vegan "cheese". Not melted! where's the fun?? But the "meat" was quite good, sauce too, bread alright, few vegetable slices. Job done.

- Then we ordered two other dishes, kebab and a chopped "meat" plate. One came 10 minutes after the other. Not cool. The waiter (which seems to also be the cook) apologized for that.
- It was good, kebab was VERY GOOD, bread, meat, sauce, vegetables it was the right think!
- The chopped meat plate also, but it came with BURNED onions, the cook/waitress had the great idea to cover it with a withe sauce so I would not notice her problems having to fry onions. Seriously? BURNED FOOD? And 10 waiting for it?

Ok.
All in all, go there if you have no money and want something warm. Don't expect anything but greasy, saucy, junk food, who can taste good and that's it.

And personally, I am not really a neat person but it was dirty (not the toilets though), and to know that they gave me something burned to black makes me thing that there is something wrong. I will probably never go there again until some major changes.

Pros: Good food (if lucky), Welcoming staff, Alternative/vegan!
Cons: Poor hygiena, Poor cooking skills, Served burned onions
Dula
Dula

The best fastfood ever

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2010

I reccomend gyros wrap or pizza. The best place if you' like to grab something fast to eat.

nspanee
nspanee

three chicken cheese burgers without cheese

3 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2010

went there as a total of 4 and a half for lunch. fries made the toddler happy while 3 of us had a chicken cheese burger. the cheese got lost and when we asked for it she handed us 6 slices to put it in. the nuggets were good. they serve "spaetzle" there. which i love and you hardly find them in a vegan restaurant, but these were not breathtaking. they were mixed with cheese and onions which is the perfect way to eat them but other spices were not used which made them kind of plain tasteless dumplings. the staff was friendly, no offense but she didn't look like she had a shower in the morning(can make you nervous seeing someone working in a kitchen)

ampallang
ampallang

yum

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2010

Firstly- i heard they had problems at the begining and staffin problems, but when i went there in november 2009 they were open everyday. Even a friend works there.
All vegan.
First- this is junk food, if you dont like junk food i wouldnt go.
A great range of burgers, wraps, nuggets and pizzas. All interesting with different sauces and even some gulten free options without the buns.
Very friendly staff, happy to speak english and give suggestions. located in the area it should be located it! Open late.

Pros: all vegan, variety
Cons: not so healthy but with salad
Nicolas
Nicolas

Still a must in Berlin!

4 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2010

I first visited Yoyo in March 2009 and it was a pleasure to go back again. 100% vegan fast food. Nothing more to expect than good food.

Pros: All vegan, 1€ Bionade with a menu, Tasty
Cons: Not really central, No music
vegansoul
vegansoul

Casual & friendly with Delicious food

5 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2009

This restaurant is far from the hussle and bustle of the city of Berlin - in a good way. Everything on the menu is vegan. Most popular item is the "chicken" Schnitzel with vegan cheesly. I was here in the late afternoon and though I was alone at first the place filled up quite quickly. Run by one person (on register and as cook), but she kept up with everyone's order. I noticed speakers, but no music played while I was there. Good meal, good value, dessert and beer are also available here. I would definitely return! Clientele: mostly 20 something artists (musicians, writers, painters).

Pros: VEGAN, with Vegan cheese, casual
Cons: small
wildfang
wildfang

Great fast food for little money.

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2009

YoYo's is one of my favourite places for (vegan) fast food in Berlin. They have a lot of different all vegan burger menus such as chicken cheese or seitan at a decent price (around 6€ for a whole menu). There are also very good classic dishes such as a gyros dish or traditional German "Késespétzle". The salad is lovely (small for 2,9€). The pizzas (spinach cheese for instance or salami) are great too! (5,5€) So are the wraps (Gyros wrap 4,0€).
As for drinks I totally recommend the lassis - especially the tropical lassi (2,7€). For desert you get to choose between ice cream, cake and tiramisu (the latter not being that great I find, 3,5€).
We were always served quickly and treated politely.
I can't think of anything negative about YoYo's. My brother (omnivore) says he can't taste a difference between YoYo's fake meat and real meat :)

Pros: serves fast, cheap, friendly staff
je
je

best vegan fast food place in berlin

4 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2009

cheap, greasy and all vegan. what more can you ask for? ;)

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Wonderful Wraps, Salads and Pizzas!

5 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2009

Its thought of as fast food, but we were able to have a really great healthy meal of wraps, salads and pizza, they actually charged us less for getting the vegan pizza w/o vegan cheese! Awesome!!!

Pros: healthy options, great service
sbl
sbl

Fast Food but nothing more

2 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2009

We ordered burgers, sald and fries. The buns were burned the burgers were out of a pack, the sald was already wilting and the fires were hard overcooked and soggy at the same time, and actually tasted quite disgusting. While it might all be organic fat, it was far from healthy and while only eating organic at home, my tum would have felt better eating at a non organic and proper restaurant. With bionades, it came to around €12, too expensive for a just about edible meal. Not recommended

Pros: Fast
Cons: Out of the pack, Old, Greasy
Elven
Elven

Couldn't live without them :)

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2009

Yoyo's has become my favorite spot for quick and tasty food. I go there about once a week. A hige selection to choose from, from small snacks like a vegan currywurst to their giant burger-menu's. Everything comes with a generous and free portion of crisp salad. The staff are a very friendly bunch as well. For the best "fish"-burger in town: try their "Nordsjoen"-burger (with pommes und salat, of course). Not to be compared to Yellow Sunshine - in my opinion they are far superior. Thank you, Yoyo's!

Pros: Many dishes to choose from, great staff, huge portions
howremarkable
howremarkable

"YoYo" sounds silly but has seriously good food

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2009

This is fine establishment! The vegan pizza here is among the most amazing that I've ever had. The salami pizza is decent (not very spicy or overly interesting) but the rucola (arugula) pizza is out-of-this-world. The flat bread type pizza crust is delicious but not burdensome...and for around 5 Euro per pizza why not eat two?! The homemade burger with soy cheese is absolutely fantastic. It had a great vegan sauce and one of the most enjoyable soy cheeses I've ever tried. The fries are also very good--somewhere between junk food and classy potato. There was one time however that I ordered the "regular" burger i.e. "not homemade" and it was pretty uninspiring. Just study the menu before you order! For the price, quality and friendly service you can't beat YoYo Food World. They also have free wifi, a good selection of beer and outdoor seating. You won't be disappointed!

Pros: vegan, variety, friendly
evilduck
evilduck

All Vegan.

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2009

At last a really great Mango Lassi. I also had the Pizza Hawaii which I am still craving. Like other fast food Vegan Eateries, don't expect to get "health food". (I cook my veggies @ home) This is pure "craveable" stuff. ALL VEGAN, so don't bother asking "What is animal free?"

Already in love with this place.

Some of the choices:
Pizza
Wraps
Burgers & Fries
Veggi Fries!
Currywurst
Käsespätzle
Lassis, Smoothies, Shakes

Pros: pizza with scheese!, good value, friendly staff
Cons: fast food!
Merciless666
Merciless666

Why is it always about fast food??

3 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2008

Yet another fast food place getting started, with the very same idea (and even the same poeple) of the Yellow Sunshine in Kreuzberg. Though they have a slightly different menu, it's basically burgers, burgers, burgers...wraps...fast...oily...but it's uuh organic! Wow!
What about something different?? something that takes more kitchen skills, than preparing ready bought food from the veggie distro?? Anyways, the people from F'hain seem to love it. I prefer the homemade soups at Hot Dog Soup.

Pros: close to boxi, fast and organic, inexpensive
Cons: fast food again
hack_man
hack_man

Yo-Yo Yummy

5 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2008

A fast food paradise for vegetarians / vegans. Delicious and succulent vegan pizza, hot dogs, burgers, wursts - you name it! Set in a cool part of Friderichshain operated by a very friendly and experienced vegan chef who used to work at Yellow Sunshine in Kreuzberg. This place is well run, fresh and friendly. Order at the counter and listen for your name or number to be read out over the microphone ala Der W-Imbiss in Prenzlauer berg. The stone baked vegan salami pizza we had was outstanding. Go go go!

Pros: food, staff, location

Dear Owner and Manager of Yoyo Foodworld: