Not recommended if you care about food
Posted on 08 / 28 / 2010
It's all vegan and ethical. Cool! And cheap. Hurrayyyy! But that's before you get in. 'Cause when you go out of there, there is a hole new dimension to the first impression.
You get there :
- This is dirty, the tables aren't cleaned on a regular base. Urggh, it's sticky when you touch the chair! (something like dried coke on it), after two minutes you can experience being surrounded by little pieces of vegetables from previous clients, all around (here a little carrot slice, there some onions on the floor).
- You make an order, the person is cool, smiles and speaks english. She is nice. Oh! And look behind her, you can see the kitchen... Urrgggg, ok, DIRTY is the right word...
Two hamburgers ordered, one hot, one with cheese.
- Hot one had way too much hot sauce, all you could taste biting it was "hot", couldn't notice it was a hamburger anymore. And yet I am used to Indian food and spices, the cook just didn't know where to stop.
- The cheese hamburger was just a normal one with a thick slice of vegan "cheese". Not melted! where's the fun?? But the "meat" was quite good, sauce too, bread alright, few vegetable slices. Job done.
- Then we ordered two other dishes, kebab and a chopped "meat" plate. One came 10 minutes after the other. Not cool. The waiter (which seems to also be the cook) apologized for that.
- It was good, kebab was VERY GOOD, bread, meat, sauce, vegetables it was the right think!
- The chopped meat plate also, but it came with BURNED onions, the cook/waitress had the great idea to cover it with a withe sauce so I would not notice her problems having to fry onions. Seriously? BURNED FOOD? And 10 waiting for it?
All in all, go there if you have no money and want something warm. Don't expect anything but greasy, saucy, junk food, who can taste good and that's it.
And personally, I am not really a neat person but it was dirty (not the toilets though), and to know that they gave me something burned to black makes me thing that there is something wrong. I will probably never go there again until some major changes.
Good food (if lucky), Welcoming staff, Alternative/vegan!
Poor hygiena, Poor cooking skills, Served burned onions