Serves meat, veg options available. Build your own sandwich options. Quick service, bohemian feel. Has wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
2123 Colonial Ave
Norfolk, Virginia 23517
757-623-6609

Open Mon-Fri 6am-3pm, Sat-Sun 7am-3pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jnorris
Libby Ann
Libby Ann

I Can't Believe I Haven't Reviewed This Place!

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

I've been going here for years and I'm never disappointed. Their vegan options are fantastic. I usually alternate between the vegan egg and bacon on whole wheat everything toasted, or the vegan burrito. The bagels are the only decent ones in the whole area. They have plain vegan cream cheese and offer a flavored one as a special. There are several items to pick from and they're all great!
I love the atmosphere. It's a totally hip place to go with the wall paintings and funky furniture. My friend who works there says the owner is awesome! I've worked with Rodney who does catering and he's awesome too.
Try the coffee. It's the best in town.

Pros: Great selection of vegan fare, moderately priced, Great place
mruss016
mruss016

Favorite Vegan Breakfast!

4 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

I always head to Yorgo's on the weekends with a friend of mine to get the vegan egg, sausage, and cheese bagel. My friend gets the peterman usually. Since I don't go often (being in Virginia Beach makes it a bit of a drive) I stock up on vegan cookies, vegan cream cheese, and other treats. I even get the vegan buffalo chicken wrap to go and eat that for lunch later. Everything I've had there is absolutely delicious. I crave Yorgo's 24/7!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Friendly Staff
Cons: Limited Seating, Long Lines, Too Far From Me!
LmtWetmoney
LmtWetmoney

Very Good

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

The vegan options are great. You can get filled up here for under $15 bucks! I had a tufo egg, sausage, and cheese vegan spinach wrap! And then i had a vegan bbq chicken with vegan slaw wrap which was delicious. And finally i had a vegan carrot cake cookie which was amazing. I even notice they have vegan potatoe salad. But the overall experience was great. Didn't really know the menu but the female cashier greatly helped and explained everything and all my options! I would definitely recommend this place to a friend

Pros: Alot Of Options , Great Tasting Food, Vegan Desserts
Cons: Food Can Be A Little Small

MilksBad
MilksBad

Great Vegan Breakfast & Lunch

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

I have only been here once, but ordered food for more than one day (ate there and took some on a business trip).

First off, there is a great selection for vegans. One of the reasons I ordered food for to take with me the for next day, was because I couldn't decide on just one thing. They had at least one flavor of vegan cream-cheese and plain. They also have about 12 sandwiches/wraps to choose from, not to mention the baked goods section with vegan items in it.

I was there around closing time on a weekday and the place had allot of customers, but still a places to sit. Parking was a little pain, but this was my first time so I may find better parking somewhere else near by.

Ordering was easy, and everything was clearly marked. They are also more than willing to customize any sandwich. Server was great.

I had, 1) Bagel w/veg cream-cheese. 2) Vegan Pulled BBQ on bagel. 3) Vegan Egg, Sausage and Cheese on bagel. 4) Vegan PB-Cookie.

I thought #1 & 3 where great. The Vegan 'egg' wasn't what I was expecting, but better. I am not sure what it is. #2 & 4 where very good as well.

The bagels themselves where good, but I want to try them again on a different day to give a more accurate review of them. I am a bit stricter when it come to NY style bagels.

Yorgo's also has non-veg*n sandwiches and baked goods. My wife had a non-veg*n sandwich, but I can't remember which. I know she liked it very much. She also had a few Challah Puffs, and absolutely loved them. the Blueberry ones where her fav.

Over all, Yorgo's seems to be a great place. I will be going here again, and my only regret is not going sooner.

Pros: Clearly Marked Vegan Selection, Service, Great Food
Cons: Parking
shayeberz
shayeberz

MY FAVORITE!

4 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2012

by far one of my favorite places to eat, i work around the corner and eat lunch at yorgo's at least twice a week! everything is delicious especially the vegan cookies!i still cant decide which sandwich is my favorite, they're all delicious.

Pros: excellent food, great service, good value
Cons: they close at 3
VeganET
VeganET

Addicting

4 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2012

The best things about Norfolk is Yorgos. This is not your average bagel shop and I eat here several times a week (I'd eat here everyday if my wallet allowed it). Everything on their menu is delicious. I recommend the BLT or vegan breakfast burrito. 1/2 their bakery case is also vegan!

ltinblastp
ltinblastp

Never disappointed

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2011

By far some of the best vegan breakfast and lunch in Norfolk. There are regular vegan options and vegan specials to choose from. Make sure to try one of the vegan carrot cake cookies!

Pros: Many vegan options, Great food
Cons: Small eating area
stegh
stegh

Delicious vegan options

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2010

I come here every time I go to Norfolk and am always delighted-- yesterday I even went twice! I had the "egg" and "sausage" in the morning (the sausage was delightfully spicy with great flavor and texture) and the "Chixsalad" in the afternoon (perfect for a hot day-- again lots of nice herbs and spices giving it great taste). ALL the staff that I've come across know what "vegan" means, and are eager to help you find something you love. They also have lots of natural sodas in the case, and even take-away containers of the vegan bagel toppings (tofutti and chixsalad). So easy and delicious.

Pros: great taste, great selection, helpful staff
Cons: only open til 3!, vegan items pricier than the non-vegan
jnorris
jnorris

Good Food

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2010

Great selection of bagels, vegan cream cheese, and vegan dessert. All are very tasty and the deserts come in huge portions.

Pros: Good Food, Good Value, Portions
Cons: Small

Dear Owner and Manager of Yorgo's Bageldashery: