Soft-serve frozen yogurt shop with multiple vegan options available. more-less

First Review by melskunk
melskunk
melskunk

'Multiple' vegan options? Uh, no

2 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2011

I've tried here twice and was unimpressed both times. The concept is interesting enough, but the multiple of multiple vegan options is two sorbets out of 10. I can get more dairy free at a standard ice cream place. Plus, they only have HUGE, and I mean HUGE cups. Since it's self serve, it seems to be to encourage you to get a LOT. 5 dollars worth barely filled half a cup, if that. There were quite a few fruit toppings, but most of the others were the standard non-vegan chocolates and cookies and such. I did see mochi though! I asked if they were planning on having more dairy free options the second time, but got a vague, non-committal answer.

I'd really like to see smaller sized cups and more vegan options for a place advertising here as particularly vegan.

Pros: Nice looking, Can chose your own size
Cons: Tiny selection, One huge sized cup, Not as vegan as implied
  • maulydaft maulydaft

I haven't eaten at this particular "pour your own yogurt" joint - but they all seem to be the same. Let's give the vegans one or two fruit flavours and then a bunch of toppings. Well a dairy free chocolate sauce doesn't really cut it when your base is lemon flavoured! It's frustrating...

Dear Owner and Manager of Yogurt Spoon: