Opened in 2011 next to Temple Street night market. Has a large menu of vegetarian Chinese and Japanese cuisine. Menu is both English and Chinese, and lists items containing eggs. Seating for about 50 people. Located at Yau Ma Tei MTR exit C. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Chinese, Japanese, Take-out, Delivery
61 Temple Street (Public Square Street)
Kowloon, Hong Kong

Stevie
Stevie

Ying Vegetarian, Hong Kong

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2015

I liked this place and have little to add to what others say. Items with egg are marked on the menu but egg can be removed from dishes if preferred. I had some really good Thai soup followed by a mix veg dish. They didn't push tea in my direction nor add 10%. 94 dollars.

The d├ęcor is a bit more contemporary than many of the Chinese places I've been in here in HK, but not in any sort of over the top kind of way.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great food
Parrie
Parrie

The best!

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2014

First time,my husband and i went to Hong Kong. We found this restaurant on the internet. We really loved this restaurant. Everything was so delicious. 2 years later , I went back to Hong Kong with my dad and my sister. They totally love this place too! Can't wait to go back to Hong Kong :)

Pros: Good Food, Convenient
Cons: Small restaurant
ankitrajpal1985
ankitrajpal1985

Amazing food...Friendly Staff

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

The food is really nice, some what comparable to Loving hut... the staff understand bits of English...a bit away from the actual temple street market... they have some set lunch menu... which is very tasty & low cost as well

Pros: Good Taste, Good prices
Cons: Bit difficult to find

Shiprex
Shiprex

Ying vegetarian oasis in Kowloob

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

Lunch menu is varied with mock dishes for all tastes. Quick service and English well understood. Prices good for Hong Kong.
A lovely clean and efficient place with lots of customers (a good sign if local Chinese use it)

Pros: variety, service, quality
Cons: range of drinks
Bob Sultan
Bob Sultan

Popular Place

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2012

This place is easy to find as it is located at the south end of the Temple Street Night Market (on the left side of the street as you face north). It has a big sign. The place was quite crowded, mostly with young people. I think the wide variety of vegetarian sushi is a big attraction, as is the comfortable air conditioning on a humid Hong Kong night. The place is clean and simple. The menu offers a lot of variety, with both Japanese and Chinese food. I had mock pork with pineapple. It was excellent. The mock pork had something in it that gave the illusion of having some fat... the taste was really quite good. As far as I could see, there were no drinks except the complementary tea... Anyway, it's a lively place with excellent food, easy to find, and in a good location. My dish was 60 HKD which seems like a moderate price in Hong Kong.

Pros: Nice variety, Good mock meats, Easy to find
Cons: Hong Kong prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Ying Vegetarian: