Also known as "Refreshing Vegetarian Restaurant." English descriptions on menu available. Chinese name 怡新素食, address 天河区林和西路161号中泰国际广场6楼. Not accessible for wheelchairs. Take the escalator on the left side of the building (restaurant is situated above the McDonalds). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese
4F, Central Plaza, 161 Linhe West Rd, Tianhe District (Zhongtai International Square)
Guangzhou, China
86-020-38310703

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by cellobiker
BayHabourVege
BayHabourVege

Good Food! Bad Customer service!!!

2 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I've been their once when I was in Guangzhou. Rude staff, bad customer service. Good food but Staff are rude. If you don't look European/Caucasian and have darker skin tone, well get ready for some bad customer service. I went on a Friday night, was very busy. They sat me down on a small table near the smelly toilet. No one wanted to serve me, so I went to the counter and ordered. I was so mad with the treatment, I ordered so much food, I couldn't finish any dishes so I took the leftovers home. I spent nearly $100usd, so they finally started to give me the royal treatment, every minute a staff would come ask if i needed anything, and finally they were smiling and treating nicely like they were to the other customers.

the place is very easy to find though.

Directions:
From Guangzhou East railway station, Exit"B". Keep walking for 100 metres till the road ends, then turn right, you should see a McDonalds, to the left of the McDs, there is stairs. Take the stairs then couple of escalators all the way to the 3rd or 4th floor until you see a large Buddha statue. The restaurant entrance is just to the right of the statue.

Ratings (out of 10)

Price : 7/10
Food Quantity : 7/10
Taste : 9/10
Accessibility : 10/10
Customer Service : 2/10
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 30, 2014

sglcklch
sglcklch

OK vegetarian option right by East Station

3 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2013

The good -

Just a street across from East Station, the location can't be beat. Food was quite good - although a little greasy for my taste - but it didn't taste of MSG. Extensive menu and huge portions, although many items used fake meat.

The bad -

Atmosphere and décor was nice at first glance; when I looked closer, there was gunk on the table, the shelves were all dusty, the menu was sticky. And then the restroom - my partner warned me against it after he went when he almost got knocked over by the ammonia smell. Granted, it wasn't that bad by local standards - I've experienced worse - but I simply don't understand why they wouldn't make an effort to maintain proper hygiene. If you can get past that, it's a fine place conveniently located next to one of the city's major transport hubs.

Pros: food, location
Cons: cleanliness, slightly greasy
Kit117
Kit117

Yummy Vegetarian Food!

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2013

The menu is like 30 pages long and it has pictures and English names of all items written.

Very easy to order food here and it pretty much all tastes good. I ordered over 8 items and loved them all.

The service is excellent - since my server didnt speak English she brought the owner of the resistant to come and speak with me. Paul is a genuinely good person - he started this restaurant because he himself is a vegetarian and wants to make a difference in the world by educating people about the benefits of this diet.

The place is located literally right in front of the Guangzhou railway station so it's very easy to get to.

Pros: Food. , Location, Service
Cons: Price - a bit pricey

Bob Sultan
Bob Sultan

Buddhist Ambiance Near Guangzhou East Station

4 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

I have eaten here five or six times now and tried a number of dishes. Most have been quite good. A couple of mushroom dishes were particularly good. There was only one dish that I didn't care for; this was eggplant, mushroom, and red bean patties. The combination just didn't work for me. The place can be busy in the evenings. The restaurant is very clean and has a soothing Buddhist ambiance. The dishes are described in English. Dishes described as spicy are spicy. Once I was there early in the evening, between 5 and 5:30PM. During this time the staff, except for a couple of people, form two lines along the entrance way and recite very loudly in unison. It's fine to walk through and take a seat during this time. You can go ahead and order, but your food will take some time. The place is across the street from the Guangzhou East Train station, which is a stop on the 1 and 3 Metro lines. If you exit the West side of the train station, cross the street, and walk one block South. There's a McDonalds on the corner. To the left of the McDonalds you'll see the escalator that you take to the fourth floor. It's one floor above the Mao's Bay restaurant. Prices are pretty much in the same moderate range as other vegetarian restaurants I have tried in Guangzhou with dishes in the range of 30 - 50 RMB. Portions are ample so one dish per person in your party should be plenty.

Pros: Close to Metro station, Buddhist ambiance, Good food
Cons: May have to wait for table
cellobiker
cellobiker

One of the best!

5 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2012

4 of us ate there and had 5 or 6 different dishes:
Pot of Buckwheat tea for table
Seitan Pepper Steak
Vegetable Soup (similar to Vietnamese coconut soup)
Tofu skin cutlets (tasted like chicken cuts)
Large wrap of veggies (like big dumplings)
Tofu cutlets (we think it was eggplant)
The food was excellent!
English was an issue, but the menus have photos and english titles also. The waitresses did their best and we managed.
The whole meal came out to 74.5 RB each so we left 80 each ($12.70 USD). It was so good, that 2 of of plan to go there for lunch tomorrow!

Pros: Superb food, Very reasonable, Large selection
Cons: Too close to a McD's

Dear Owner and Manager of Yi Xin Vegetarian: