Yes! Organic Market - 14th St

Health food store with several locations in Washington DC. Stocking some organic produce plus vitamins and grocery. more-less
2123 14th St NW Union Row
Washington, District Of Columbia 20009

Mon-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 8:00am-9:00pm

First Review by cookiem

Sparse produce offerings

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2014

If you live nearby, Yes! Organic Market on 14th St. NW could be an easy choice, as you step over to the CVS and then over here? Other than convenience, I am not convinced that this Yes! is a worthwhile visit.

I like Yes! markets because they are a local business, but, if the produce is not fresh, looks old, wilted and lackluster, I will not be very inclined to shop at the market. This is likely the third or second least favorite Yes! in the District. Because it's on the same street as a TJ's, though it's not local, it's likely if I am stuck in this area dying to buy produce/ groceries, that I would choose TJ's over this market. Sad, but true.

The aisles are small to optimize the space. The selection is decent for staple items like nondairy milk, beans, grains and nut butters, but, the prices seem steep when the food doesn't seem like it has as high of a turnover as I would like. I appreciate the veg*n choices all over the store, including in the pretty nice toiletries section, but, again, I wouldn't go out of my way to go here.

Towards the back, they have some prepared, ready-to-eat foods, which could be a good choice over something from CVS or better than nothing.

Decent store, but, as a market snob, I am unlikely to return with great Yes! markets elsewhere in the District.

Pros: Local, Vegan items, Specials
Cons: Produce not always fresh looking, Price, Small aisles

Dear Owner and Manager of Yes! Organic Market - 14th St: