Serves meat, veg options available. Sports bar/restaurant chain that offers Gardein faux meat, but the company does not guarantee that food is stictly vegan, i.e. uses same grills and cookware. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
21001 N Tatum Blvd (Desert Ridge Mall)
Phoenix, Arizona 85050

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Tigra220

Gardein in the desert!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

I was looking for a place to take an incoming out of town visitor and happened upon the Yard House and the dedicated Gardein section of their menu.

Firecracker wings - delicious! What I found out later is that there is honey in the firecracker sauce, so they are vegetarian, but not vegan.

Buffalo wings - Amazing! They use sriracha sauce to give it its kick and they are fried to perfection. 100% vegan.

Jerk wings - ok. Nothing to rave about, in my opinion.

The wings are around $10 and do not come with a side.

Classic Sliders - yum! Hold the cheese and mayo and they're vegan. (Vegans should avoid the BĂ©arnaise sliders, obviously)

Sliders were around $11 and came with fries.

They have some healthier alternatives, but I enjoy comfort food when hanging out. I plan to try a few of their other Gardein specialties over time.

The establishment makes it very clear that they are not a vegan restaurant and they cannot guarantee that there won't be any cross-contamination. Management was honest and advised that the Gardein wings are cooked in the same fryer with the poultry, the burgers flipped on the same grill with the cows, and there is no effort to switch up utensils or use separate surfaces. So if any of the above bothers you, you will want to steer clear.

I was just tickled to see an entire Gardein section in such a non-veg establishment, and I enjoyed having the options. It also intrigued my guest, who ordered Gardein wings instead of real chicken and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's more of a sports bar-like setting, so you can go with friends, or on a date. Families will be ok in the early afternoon, after that I wouldn't advise it.

The place is large, clean, nice staff. It's close to the AMC Theatre in the Desert Ridge shopping centre, so parking is plentiful. Open late.

Pros: many Gardein options, friendly, helpful staff, open late; plenty of parking
Cons: not truly vegan "friendly", veg/non-veg cross-contamination
  • Tofu Girl Tofu Girl

Sorry but there buffalo wings are not vegan either

Dear Owner and Manager of Yard House: