Serves meat, veg options available. Sports bar/restaurant chain that offers Gardein faux meat, but the company does not guarantee that food is stictly vegan, i.e. uses same grills and cookware. Price: Moderate more-less
Pizza, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
95 E Freedom Way
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
513-381-4071

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by veglife00
Vk2zt15
Vk2zt15
  • non-vegetarian

MEH, not my favorite

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2015

went there on a sunday for lunch when they JUST opened. not impressed with the lack of service, since me and my husband were sitting at the bar. I know i had asparagus, which i liked a lot. don't remember what else i had (maybe a burger i shared with my husband). thought the food was okay, but i am not sure i would go back to that location.

kaduhacissej
kaduhacissej

Disappointing, but appreciate the effort

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2014

I was excited to find a place while in the area with a ton of beer on tap AND a whole menu dedicated to things I can eat made with delicious Gardein! Well, it was kind of a let down to be honest.
Only a couple of items on the Gardein menu appeared vegan without customizing. Customizing the Gardein BBQ Chicken Salad seemed like a safe bet, so I ordered with no cheese and no ranch, at which time the server asked "are you vegan?" and I said yes, and she offered some vegan dressing options. She also gave me a heads up that they fry the tortilla strips and the fried onions in a fryer that fries actual chicken and offered to leave them off. I greatly appreciated her realizing that and giving me that option, which I took her up on. My husband is veg but not vegan, so he ordered his Gardein sandwich as is.
The food itself was good, but not great, especially for the price. My husband said "we could have gotten our own Gardein and made much better food for a fraction of this price."
The beer selection was plentiful and delicious. The cost of beer was a little high as well though.
Overall we had excellent service and great beer, but the food was a bummer. I really do appreciate their effort with the Gardein, but you'd think if they are offering an entire section of the menu as vegetarian, they at least wouldn't use shared fryers.

Pros: Great beer selection, Spectacular service, Gardein menu
Cons: Have to customize for vegan, Expensive for what you get, Shared fryer used with veg options
ConchHiss
ConchHiss

Yard House

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2014

This place was great! I wish there was one closer to me. I had the gardein buffalo bites, and my carnist friend said 'It's just like chicken'. I also had the gardein chicken stir fry. Excellent fresh dish and I had the option with brown rice. So many choices here!

Pros: Many tasty vegan choices, Great atmosphere, Good value
Cons: A little noisy

chansen
chansen

Very Happy with the number of choices

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

Was pleasantly surprised at the amount of choices that were available. I had the vegetarian tacos and they were excellent. I did not try the Gardein dishes but they had many choices. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Lots of options, Very good service, Very reasonable prices
veglife00
veglife00

Not for the health conscious

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2013

I was very excited about going to Yard House when I saw that they have a whole vegetarian section using Gardein products on the menu. But, that was before I looked at the nutrition facts and saw that the average calorie count per dish is between about 700 and 1900 calories and fat gram count for a dish ranging from 20 to as high as 117--and most dishes are on the high end of these ranges. I'm not sure what they do to these healthy ingredients to make them so unhealthy, but I really wish they would change the nutrition profile because they have so many veg options!

Pros: Large vegetarian selection
Cons: Very high in fat and calories

Dear Owner and Manager of Yard House: