Yangming Spring - Jhonghua...

Chinese name 陽明春天蔬食, address 台北市中華路一段74號. Gourmet Japanese inspired vegetarian restaurant. Creative, fine, modern hand-made cuisine. Set menus from NT$680 and NT$1280 per person. A more affordable version of Yangming Spring resturant but still expensive. Nice ambiance. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Gourmet
74, Sec. 1, Jhonghua Road (near Ximenting shopping district)
Taipei, Taiwan
02-23709288
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Chia
PaoliLee
PaoliLee

healthy and pricy

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Great food with great decoration and service! If your are a big fan of tea along wither great food, you should give it a try. You will not be disappointed, but it is pricy.

Pros: healthy, great service, great atmosphere
Cons: pricy
sglcklch
sglcklch

Totally blown away

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

My partner and I had dinner here on our last day in town. From the moment we went in, we knew we were in for a special treat.

For dinner they only serve set meals. There were two sets to choose from (TWD660/880), each of which contained various course choices. Food was largely lacto-ovo vegetarian with a couple vegan or veganizable items.

Everything was wonderful and beautifully presented. It was innovative and featured a lot of interesting ingredients. The tofu bite in the appetizer plate had the most amazing and creamiest mouthfeel. The mushroom steak in the main course was the thickest slice of mushroom I'd ever seen. It was perfectly flavored and had a pleasantly meaty texture. We also especially enjoyed the piquant vinegar drinks that they served after the main courses. They were meant for cleaning the palates before desserts and just did the job.

Ordering was a breeze as everything was well labeled as to whether it had eggs, dairy or was vegan. The staff was professional, attentive and very cordial. Knowing that it was our first time there and that I was vegan, our waitress explained the menu and dishes to us in great detail while making recommendations and checking with the kitchen several times to make sure what I could or could not eat.

The setting was elegant, modern and trendy but intimate and kind of zen at the same time. Our whole meal was quite an experience to remember. True, it can get a little pricey particularly for dinner, but believe me it will be well worth every cent.

Pros: food & presentation, setting, decor
Chia
Chia

Excellent, my favorite in Taiwan so far

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

Ate here on a past trip to Taipei, and here's my Yangming Spring restaurant review.

It's a fine cuisine restaurant and, in my opinion, one of the best and most interesting vegetarian dining experience I had on my last Taiwan trip (though there are many restaurants that I've yet to try).

You are served exquisite handmade cuisine, beautifully presented course by course. Set meals can get pricey but worth the experience. If you are a foodie definitely try this place.

While the set prices are a bit pricey (we chose the NT680 set over the fancy NT1280 set), it's plenty of food, and I felt full.

The set up is intimate, dim lights, smokey gray and stone colors, modern and clean, with feeling of privacy.

Dear Owner and Manager of Yangming Spring - Jhonghua Road: