Yangming Spring - Yangming...

This place is in a beautiful Zen garden like setting, right in Yangmingshan, the mountain above Taipei city. Serves set menus. Food is mostly organic, displayed carefully, and each course is explained by the waiter. Name 陽明春天蔬 (陽明山店), address 台北市士林區菁山路119之1號. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Japanese, Taiwanese, Gourmet
119-1, Chingshan Road (Shilin District)
Taipei, Taiwan
02-2862-0178

Open Mon-Sun 12-3pm, 6-9pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Jeffrey
PaoliLee
PaoliLee

healthy and pricy

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Great food with great decoration and service! If your are a big fan of tea along wither great food, you should give it a try. You will not be disappointed, but it is pricy.

Pros: healthy, great service, great atmosphere
Cons: pricy
sglcklch
sglcklch

Totally blown away

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

My partner and I had dinner here on our last day in town. From the moment we went in, we knew we were in for a special treat.

For dinner they only serve set meals. There were two sets to choose from (TWD660/880), each of which contained various course choices. Food was largely lacto-ovo vegetarian with a couple vegan or veganizable items.

Everything was wonderful and beautifully presented. It was innovative and featured a lot of interesting ingredients. The tofu bite in the appetizer plate had the most amazing and creamiest mouthfeel. The mushroom steak in the main course was the thickest slice of mushroom I'd ever seen. It was perfectly flavored and had a pleasantly meaty texture. We also especially enjoyed the piquant vinegar drinks that they served after the main courses. They were meant for cleaning the palates before desserts and just did the job.

Ordering was a breeze as everything was well labeled as to whether it had eggs, dairy or was vegan. The staff was professional, attentive and very cordial. Knowing that it was our first time there and that I was vegan, our waitress explained the menu and dishes to us in great detail while making recommendations and checking with the kitchen several times to make sure what I could or could not eat.

The setting was elegant, modern and trendy but intimate and kind of zen at the same time. Our whole meal was quite an experience to remember. True, it can get a little pricey particularly for dinner, but believe me it will be well worth every cent.

Pros: food & presentation, setting, decor
Chia
Chia

Excellent, my favorite in Taiwan so far

5 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

Ate here on a past trip to Taipei, and here's my Yangming Spring restaurant review.

It's a fine cuisine restaurant and, in my opinion, one of the best and most interesting vegetarian dining experience I had on my last Taiwan trip (though there are many restaurants that I've yet to try).

You are served exquisite handmade cuisine, beautifully presented course by course. Set meals can get pricey but worth the experience. If you are a foodie definitely try this place.

While the set prices are a bit pricey (we chose the NT680 set over the fancy NT1280 set), it's plenty of food, and I felt full.

The set up is intimate, dim lights, smokey gray and stone colors, modern and clean, with feeling of privacy.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Great atmosphere

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2009

The owners of this restaurant really went all out in the decoration and design of this place. It is absolutely beautiful. The floor is made of tatami mats (you take your shoes off at the door). The atmosphere gets an A+ rating, but in my opinion the food just didn't stand out the way the setting did. They do try to use locally grown organic foods, but many of the main dishes are deep fried. In addition, you really have no choice when ordering, since they only have two sets to choose from.
If you want to go somewhere for a romantic or otherwise peaceful and beautiful environment, choose this place. If you want to eat really good vegetarian food, and have a choice of dishes, you could probably do better at one of the super-buffets in Taipei or other parts of the island, and it cost you less as well.

Pros: atmosphere, organic, informative waiters
Cons: expensive, lack of choice

Dear Owner and Manager of Yangming Spring - Yangming Shan: