Yang Shin

Chinese Name: 養心茶樓. Chinese Address: 松江路128號, 2F. Conveniently located above the Songjiang Nanjing Station (exit 8), this vegetarian restaurant serves Hong Kong style dim sum. Menu is full of colorful pictures so you can just point at the dishes you want. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Cantonese, Chinese
128, 2F, Songjiang
Taipei, Taiwan
02-2542-8828

Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:30-9:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by sglcklch
convertedcow
convertedcow

amazing

5 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

Enter the bakery at ground level and walk through the bakery to the back of the building where you will find the stairs to the restaurant.

it's difficult to find a vegetarian dim sum restaurant. Dairy and egg containing dishes are clearly indicated. Typical dim sum dishes are available (and very delicious but that may also be due to 11 years of deprivation) as well as more Taiwanese dishes. Would recommend the turnip cake, anything with tofu skin and taro, and the Cheung fan with you tiao.

Pros: too many choices!!, helpful staff, good dessert
Cons: busy - recommend booking ahead
sglcklch
sglcklch

Delicious!

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

My partner and I had a fantastic lunch here. Their menu was very well organized with eggs/dairy ingredients clearly indicated and had lots of pictures for reference. Granted, there weren't as many dim sum dishes as I expected and the food wasn't so much Hong Kong-style as pan-Chinese, still I had a hard time ordering because there was just so much to choose from!

We absolutely LOVED the fried stinky tofu and the stir-fried lion's mane mushrooms. Mmm... my mouth just waters thinking about them! Seriously though, whenever you see these mushrooms on the menu (they are fairly commonly used in vegetarian dishes on this side of the world), GET THEM. They have a deep flavor and an incredibly meaty, complex texture that renders the beloved portobello in the western world a joke. We also got some fried rice and dumplings, which were also very good. There are quite a lot more dishes I'd love to try, so I'll definitely come back whenever I'm in town again!

Pros: excellent food

Dear Owner and Manager of Yang Shin: