Chinese Name: 養心茶樓. Chinese Address: 松江路128號, 2F. Conveniently located above the Songjiang Nanjing Station (exit 8), this vegetarian restaurant serves Hong Kong style dim sum. Menu is full of colorful pictures so you can just point at the dishes you want. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Cantonese, Chinese

helene drouin
helene drouin

Good cantonese food

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2015

Typical cantonese food: dim sums, hot pots, fried noodles, mixed vegetables, etc. So many choices, it's really hard to choose! Also, it was a little bit stressful for us, because we arrived there at 8pm and had to order before 8:30pm for the last call... We couldn't get a table before that, because they were all reserved. Like the other reviews say you have to make a reservation, because the restaurant is very popular.

What's fun about this place is that you order a few plates and share everything with your group. They suggest to order soups + 4 plates + noodles or rice for a group of 4 persons. The food is good, but nothing out of ordinary, so I don't know what's all the fuzz about this place. Fruitfulfood or Loving Hut are much better vegetarian restaurants, in my opinion!

Dabizi
Dabizi

Very delicious

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2015

As already recommended in an earlier review: make a reservation - Yang Shin is always crowded (b/c the food is very delicious :-)

Chef Kati
Chef Kati

Spectacular Find!!

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2015

MAKE RESERVATIONS!! We read that reservations were needed but we thought it wouldn't be necessary for lunch. We arrived early and were told they were completely booked!! They were kind enough to squeeze us in and we were so grateful. The food was terrific, not as spicy and flavorful as I like it, but still fabulous. The burdock rice was heavenly and of course the radish cakes which I could have everyday. The staff was very nice and the place was super clean and organized. We noticed many Buddhist monks and nuns there which was cool. We'd definitely go again.

Pros: Clean, Huge menu with photos, Right above the subway station
Cons: Some dishes were a bit bland, MUST have reservations!

AndyT
AndyT

Delicious Dimsum, absolutely advisable

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2015

Yang Shin Vegetarian Restaurant offers delicious Dim Sum for Vegetarians and Vegans alike. Vegans are happy about the clear marking - dishes that do contain egg or dairy are clearly marked on the menu with small symbols. Checking on the (English/Chinese/Pictures) menu, 75 % of the options are vegan, so they clearly are very vegan friendly.

Most of the Dimsum is really delicious, and I must say that there are some dishes that I have eaten a number of times in Chinese restaurants and must say that the version served in Yang Shin was the best I have tasted so far.

Considering this, the price (rather expensive) can be easily accepted. When going there, make sure to call in advance and get a reservation, otherwise you might not be able to dine there.

Pros: Very vegan friendly, Delicious Dimsum
Cons: Not cheap
holdwine
holdwine

Satisfies a craving

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2015

Radish cake, 蘿蔔糕, is one of those Chinese comfort foods that can be so easily and deliciously vegetarian but is sadly most often flavoured with bits of dried shrimp and roast pork. At Yang Shin, you can certainly satisfy that craving with a radish cake that actually tastes of sweet radish without slaving for hours making your own. The same could be said of spring rolls, taro cake, tofu skin rolls and just about every other savoury dim sum item. Hooray!

peas-full
peas-full

Amazing food! Not to be missed

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2014

Amazing! The best restaurant in Taipei where I have eaten so far. If you have only a few days in town it should be in your to-do list, but be aware that you have to book in advance. English is spoken, so don't worry!
The menu is pictured and in english too. Dishes containing eggs or dairy are clearly marked. If you want to take a look at the menu online, is not in english, but still with pictures: http://www.ysvege.com/menuA.htm
This are the simbols for dairy and eggs: 奶,蛋.
Enjoy :-)
p.s. credit card accepted

Pros: delicious, nice place, not too expensive
convertedcow
convertedcow

amazing

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

Enter the bakery at ground level and walk through the bakery to the back of the building where you will find the stairs to the restaurant.

it's difficult to find a vegetarian dim sum restaurant. Dairy and egg containing dishes are clearly indicated. Typical dim sum dishes are available (and very delicious but that may also be due to 11 years of deprivation) as well as more Taiwanese dishes. Would recommend the turnip cake, anything with tofu skin and taro, and the Cheung fan with you tiao.

Pros: too many choices!!, helpful staff, good dessert
Cons: busy - recommend booking ahead
sglcklch
sglcklch

Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

My partner and I had a fantastic lunch here. Their menu was very well organized with eggs/dairy ingredients clearly indicated and had lots of pictures for reference. Granted, there weren't as many dim sum dishes as I expected and the food wasn't so much Hong Kong-style as pan-Chinese, still I had a hard time ordering because there was just so much to choose from!

We absolutely LOVED the fried stinky tofu and the stir-fried lion's mane mushrooms. Mmm... my mouth just waters thinking about them! Seriously though, whenever you see these mushrooms on the menu (they are fairly commonly used in vegetarian dishes on this side of the world), GET THEM. They have a deep flavor and an incredibly meaty, complex texture that renders the beloved portobello in the western world a joke. We also got some fried rice and dumplings, which were also very good. There are quite a lot more dishes I'd love to try, so I'll definitely come back whenever I'm in town again!

Pros: excellent food

Dear Owner and Manager of Yang Shin: