Self-service basis with 20-25 pre-made dishes (Brazilian, Taiwanese and Indian) which one can combine freely and the price is based on the amount of food you put on your plate (by weight). Directions: Located near BH Shooping Centre in the south of City Centre. Previously Jay Rama Ozinha Indiana et Vegetariana. New owners since June 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Brazilian
Av. Getulio Vargas 1220 (Rua de Souza)
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by enRoute
SteveMann
SteveMann

great find in a carne-loaded society

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2015

I went there after having some trouble finding it. I don't know BH well and Apple Maps and Google Maps sent me somewhere else. Be sure to go to Savassi.

It's on a pretty busy street so parking would be tough. We took a taxi so it was pretty easy. We entered after having visited San Ro the day before expecting more or less the same. We were happy to see it was nearly empty, pretty close to closing time (lunch time ends at 15:00.) Most of the self-service offerings were fairly full and the cold was cold yet the hot was warm or hot. There was quite a nice selection. The owner greeted us pretty quickly. We had our choice of seating. The food was great. This is not necessarily what I would call a health food place but it was tasty. The hardcore animal eaters with me delighted in the offerings. I tried a bit of everything from sushi to mock meats to salads and it was all good, some of it excellent. The sauces were rich and flavorfull, the textures were inline or above expectations (not rubbery or overly tough to chew.) The owner and another server quickly answered questions and we had a free juice (abacaxi/pineapple with couve) to wash it all down with (I enjoyed this, my fiancé and her mother ordered juice and water respectively.) It's open for lunch only I believe with limited hours. There isn't a lot of seating so go early or late. The prices were reasonable, the service very friendly, the food fast and fresh with lots of options. This is a GO.

Pros: great service, fast, great food
Cons: small, could be crowded, self-service only
enRoute
enRoute

Delicious Oasis

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

This is a great place, tucked into an alleyway just a few meters from Savassi Square. It's smaller than San Ro but has some similar selections; friendly Taiwanese owners, home-cooked selections. Be specific about which dishes contain egg and cheese and they'll be happy to assist you. Nice indoor/outdoor seating environment. Highly recommended!

Pros: Wide variety, Friendly, Cheap
Cons: Many dishes may not be vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Yan Shan Zay: