Small vegan deli bar offering snacks, soups, salads, smoothies, juices, and cakes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, German, American, Western, Bakery, Juice bar

hungryveg91
hungryveg91

great for to-go, healthy

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2014

I really enjoyed this tiny cafe. Lots of stuff to-go and they also sell some vegan packaged foods. They base the menu on daily specials. I thought the food was delicious and nutritious.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Healthy food, Fair prices
Cons: Small, Limited menu
DaniM
DaniM

Good for a Deli

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2014

This small and cozy eatery offers also a range of superfood products like chia seeds or spirulina for example. They "only" offer one main course during the whole day which you can combine with a hot soup. The staff is very friendly and courteous. If you're not that chary and looking for something to eat without a restaurant feeling, then you are right. Ahh....and yes, not to forget the juices/smoothies...very great!

Sterling
Sterling

Lovely place!

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

I went there a few times for lunch.
It is a small place approx 12 seats inside and 6 outside.
I try to arrive at 13.45 earliest because otherwise it is very crowded.

They serve very delicious food!
I very much like how they handle the food. How they combine different ingredients and spices. They do not try to mimic meat or other animal products (I say this without any judgement, because I do sometimes like fake meat).
There is a no waste policy as far as i know, meaning the vegetables that where not used in the main dish will be part of the dip the following day.

They will post a picture of the menu of the day on facebook, which is very handy.

They serve unusual cake combinations like sweet potato-cashew for example, and they taste wonderful.

They serve fresh juices and smoothies.
And also have a little selection of "superfoods" (from chia seeds to chocolate and bread) for sale.

As far as I know everything is organic.

They are very, very nice! Any questions I had were answered with a smile.

If you like you can order tap water (not that common in Germany).

You can easily get there it's quite close to U Bahn Königsplatz and Main Station.

Highly recommended!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 29, 2014

Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 29, 2014

Pros: delicious food of any kind, nice staff, easy to get there
Cons: small (also a Pro.. because it's cosy..)

SarahBaker
SarahBaker

Fresh

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

So I had sweet potato soup, bread with beet dip, a green smoothie, and a piece of yogurt(?) cake. Everything was good. I didn't much like the cake, but it's probably because I love chocolate. The place is small and cozy. They have some bulk nuts, dates, and oats, chocolate bars, fruit and nut bars, and nut and soy milks. I grabbed a soy milk. I liked it because it was sweetened with apples. Note to self: Never buy green smoothies at places! They are too easy to make at home for much cheaper and 5! times the amount. But I still enjoyed the one here. That soup was amazing. I will definitely be back.

Pros: filling, friendly service, tasty
corinal
corinal

Good meals, but too small a space

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

We had the combo (soup, beetroot salad, quinoa salad), which was tasty and healthy. We tried two desserts, but found them lacking in flavor, probably because they were sugar-free. It is a very small cafe, there were not enough places to sit and we were being jostled by the people standing in line waiting to order, and it was noisy.

Pros: Good hearty meals, Friendly staff
Cons: Small cafe, Noisy
kogge
kogge

marvelous cake

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2014

nice, little, laid back cafe closed to the main station (5 min. to walk).
i had a marvelous (and sugar-free) cake and a matcha latte (don't try this if you don't like the taste of algae ;-)).

Pros: laid back atmosphere, closed to the main station, tasty food
Cons: small choice
TwoDans
TwoDans

Best coffee in Munich

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

A small, cosy and friendly place, Yam Vegan Deli serves the best coffee we had in Munich (this is coming from two Melbournians).

We also had a light lunch between the two of us, the Mix Tape; a taster plate of two salads and a small soup for 9 euros. Great value and delicious.

Pros: Fabulous soy coffee, Tasty fresh food
DJMToronto
DJMToronto

Friendly spot for a light, inexpensive meal

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

Yam Vegan Deli is a nice, relaxed place for a light, healthy vegan meal. The food was tasty and obviously prepared with care. The staff take pride in the food they prepare and serve. Everything is (as much as possible) fair trade and organic and there was a varied (though limited) selection of soups, light entrees and desserts.

Space is a bit tight so I think it might be hard to find seating sometimes, but definitely worth a try.

Pros: healthy, moderately priced, fair-trade/organic
Cons: limited menu
olgucz
olgucz

amazing food

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

well worth the run from a metro in a pouring rain!
the food was wonderful. the meal of the day included some pretty complex salad/appetizer bowl with just about everything in it - quinoa, tahini eggplant, tofu, bean salad, salad leafs, yummy spreads and delicious bread on the side.
so satisfying and packed with flavor! best food ever!

it represents the name perfectly. :)

Pros: complex flavour, variety, quality
Lolamoviola
Lolamoviola

So nice!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

Yesterday we went to this place and it was great! The food was good, the coffee even better and the service great!

Canamon
Canamon

Great place!

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

I went to Yam Vegan Deli in April 2013 on a rainy day. The place is small but so inviting. Great selection, the food was so delicious that I concluded that all on the menu was worth trying! I just love this place, I could have stayed in until the next meal! For me it was far better than Boonian in Viktualienmarkt both in selection, taste and atmosphere and it was as much inexpensive for a complete meal there than at Boonian, yet for some reason they rate it as 'moderate' in price whereas Boonian is rated as 'inexpensive'. If you are looking for an inexpensive veg restaurant in Munich, do not miss this place.

Pros: delicious healthy vegan food! , Inexpensive, Cozy
unwesen
unwesen

Very nice deli

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

We went there on a Saturday, and took the main dish, soup and cake, because we wanted to get a good idea of the range of flavours served. All were excellent! The staff was very friendly, and the prices were nothing to complain about either.

All in all, we immediately loved this place!

Pros: Flavour, Staff friendliness, 10 minutes walk from main station
Cons: A little off the obvious routes
s_k_
s_k_

small but nice

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

Very small place with a tiny menu of options, as well as a little "store" thrown in. I got there a few minutes too late (an hour before closing on a wet, rainy, miserable Saturday night, when they couldn't have expected much business) to get the dinner special, but the lady kindly made me a large bowl of the day's soup and charged me a very fair price for it. The soup, the bread, and the dips were all very tasty and felt very healthy, too. Wish I had a chance to go back and try the meal plates!

Only reason to take a star off is the limited menu, though it's not surprising given the size.

Pros: tasty food, fair prices
Cons: limited selection, can be cramped
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Delicious & friendly

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

This place is small and cozy, but the staff is extremely friendly, and the food is just delicious. I recommend "the mix tape" - it's a sampler of everything they have for the day.

The menu rotates daily, but I've yet to try anything that wasn't delicious. This place has become a regular stop for me whenever I'm in Munich.

Pros: All-vegan, Organic, Independently-run
clary
clary

extraordinary cosy cafe

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

i love the design of yam deli! i'm really comfortable in there :)
the food is also very nice! prices for everyday eating would be a but high, but once in a while i'm coming around!

chribuch
chribuch

all organic

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

they don't make a big deal out of it but their food is actually all organic. it is delicious and fun to eat.

hack_man
hack_man

Yum Yam

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

The name 'deli' suggested to me simply a cold food counter with maybe a couple of seats if you are lucky and a poor selection of badly prepared food. How wrong I was. This is a modern, sleek and bold but small establishment, extremely cosy inside with plenty of quality wooden seating for at least 12 people. They do a couple of soups each day, salads and 1 main course. We arrived and ordered but at 5 pm they had actually ran out of food which wasn't a problem as we were offered dips and bread which was sufficient and delicious. The presentation was exceptional. this is a perfect place to sit at the window, fill up on healthy stuff on a cold afternoon before sinking a few biers later in the evening. I hope it does well.

Pros: nice window seats, friendly
Cons: limited food
KoKoKim2205
KoKoKim2205

Absolutely Loved It!!!

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

This adorable cafe is very close to the train station in Munich and also close to my hotel (awesome). The owner and wait staff were extremely friendly and spoke English; they all sat and chatted with me and recommended places to see in Munich as well as other vegan cafes to hit in my next cities I was traveling to. The chocolate/beet cake was amazing and I left completely satisfied both times. Also, I rarely drink anything but water, however the drinks I tried were very simple, low cal, mildly sweeet, but very tasty and well worth the spend. I would love to make it back here! Lunch doesn't start until noon though and there is one 'meal' so to speak, each day. You can order larger portions of the components of the meal (like the bread and dips) but if you want the variety/course offering, there is one. Very good though!!

Pros: Friendly, Tasty, Good Mags to read
Cons: Warm (heat)
wangyueh
wangyueh

Small, cozy with tasty food

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

I went with another 2 friends after our workshops one Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed the softdrinks, all of us ordered vegan cakes. I like the way how food is displayed and presented. Fancy names for drinks do make you feel like trying them all. As for those vegan cakes - need to be improved.
I will recommend to others and I will return to try their cooking again.

Dear Owner and Manager of Yam Vegan Deli: