CLOSED: Yah's Cuisine

Healthy world-inspired vegan soul food, live deli salads, raw pattie burgers, vegan milk shakes, fruit smoothies, variety borhas patties, and desserts. FEB 2014 REPORTED 'FOR RENT' SIGN ON DOOR. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Soul, American

First Review by Karima

Best Vegan Service and Food on the South Side!!!!!

5 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

Ate here with my family, which include 2 young picky eaters, for the very first time today. This was a perfect experience. Let me tell you, most south side vegan places do not stay around long because they have one or all of the following: poor service, slow, not open when hours are posted, mess up order,food too oily, use of microwaves, etc.

Not only did Yah's excell in food variety, taste, price, cleanliness, and timely-ness, they had EXCELLENT service. From the initial phone call of asking for directions, to the patient taking of orders and describing of food, even offering samples (which we declined, every thing just looked so good) to the table service and presentation, Yah's is THEE place to be.

Tried the chickpea pie, out of this world!! It reminds me of Indian chole and the pie crust like a healthy samosa, but with spinach and not spicy. Also tried one of the veggie medley's which were unique and included plantains, what a treat!
Others in the family had veggie jerk chicken (seitan), mac and cheese, split pea soup, greens (a bit sweet), cornbread pancake, chocolate cookie, and strawberry cake (very moist)

Some extra fantastic notes:
There is a sign that says they do not use a microwave as they care for the customers health! Hallelujah

If you want to try a bit of EVERYTHING, they have that as an option for only $25. How awesome is that!!!!!! So people, don't be discouraged if this is a drive for you, it is worth it. Stock up on the good food!

Street parking was easy.

I LOVE Yah's and reccomend it to any vegan that wants real veggies, something different and fun, with all the bonus of excellent quality and service.

Pros: Service, Food Taste and Variety, Price
Cons: Not Much to say here!

Yum Yum Yum!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2010

Yah's is a new vegan restaurant located near the lake on 75th street. Although one of it's main competitors (Soul Veg) is near by, I much prefer Yah's. Yes it is smaller, but we had no problem being seated and the service was both friendly and timely.

My friend and I ordered the same exact thing, the dinner plate ($10), which consisted of a v-chop, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and fried cornbread. I didn't particularly care for the v-chop, but my friend loved it...he ate both of ours and even went on to say that it tasted like pork (maybe that's why I didn't care for it too much?). I loved the mashed potatoes, although I did have to salt them a bit. The mac & cheese was good, but I found it to be a bit on the oily side. Lastly, the fried cornbread was just amazing. Needless to say, between the two of us, we polished off both plates.

I'm very impressed with Yah's especially since they've only been open for a few months, I will definitely be back.

Yah's is Great

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2010

I ordered the special on Sunday Feb 7. I had to wait a bit, but it was well worth my wait. I highly recommend the portabella - When I got home, I took the patty off my dinner and made a sandwich - the portabella, lettuce, tomato, and Veganaise. It was exquisite!

Pros: excellent food,, good value, friendly staff
Cons: Slight wait after it opened

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Yah's Cuisine: