Falafel pita sandwiches and salads, soups, lemonade, and iced tea with free refills. Also serves fruit salads and pastries, dairy yogurt and frozen yogurts. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Israeli, Salad bar, Fast food, Take-out

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by loloford
stephaniekh
stephaniekh

Delicious -- I went twice!

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2015

I felt like I was in the company of friends when I walked in and made mention I'd found Yaafa on Happy Cow. Everything was pointed out to me that was vegan friendly. (Note: They are 100% vegetarian and most is actually vegan.) Relaxed environment though they were constantly BUSY (a good thing). The eggplant was especially good as was everything I tried. I went back the next day for more! :)

Pros: Friendly staff, Relaxed environment, Fresh food prepared infront of you
Lorik Ian
Lorik Ian

Perfect Falafels !

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

Better than mines, I have to admit ! And the menu with the soup, which is changed every week, is extra -
Wanted to try the place a long time ago, but couldn't find the moment. Now, it's done, and for the best ! I have a new place to hang out during the year :)

Pros: The falafels and the soups, Home-made drinks at will, Low prices
Mountjoy32
Mountjoy32

Nothing Special

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2014

The falafel wasn't any better than the cheap stuff you'd get at a kabab place. Pretty dry. The sauces weren't too interesting either. I enjoyed my Grocery Store meals in Lyon much better. The only thing nice about the food here, when compared to any other falafel spot, is you know it's not cooked in the same oil and some nasty fleshy doner meat.

My friend and I both thought the falafel was boring. She really enjoyed the soup though. I thought that was pretty average as well.

Pros: Lemonade , Iced Tea , No Meat
Cons: Boring, Bland Sauces

Vaness
Vaness

Sympa !

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Un petit endroit idéalement situé dans le centre de Lyon où manger vegan sans se ruiner.

Pros: Possibility to eat vegan, Good location, Fast service
Tiggy
Tiggy

Fantastic falafel place

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

I initially had trouble finding this place, and it was closed on the Sunday I first looked for it, which does not correspond with its advertised hours. However, when I found it the next day, it turned out to be one of my best eating experiences in Lyon. There are a number of options, of which about 80 per cent are vegan. The staff understand what vegan is and will explain the exceptions to the rule where almost everything is vegan. I had a Vege Fest sandwich and it was delicious and satisfying. The atmosphere is bright and clean and there is extra seating upstairs.

Pros: Great falafel, Clearly listed options, Staff understand what vegan is
Cons: Unexpectedly shut on day I first went
Neeruam
Neeruam

Very good place to eat

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

I really loved this place ! The food was really fresh and delicious, the people were nice, and the prices are quite cheap. I took the 7,50€ menu, which includes the pita bread with the garniture of your choice (among 6), a drink and a side order (potates, "taboulé" or gaspacho soup).
Try the delicious home-made drinks, you can drink as much as you want !

Pros: Cheap price for the quality, Home made drink
Daveggie
Daveggie

Yum!

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

Thanks to Happy Cow we found this place and had an awesome lunch! The Falafel Salad Box was so much yummy vegan food we couldn't finish it all. Luckily the tabbouleh and gazpacho came in travel containers to take home. Yes its fast food but it was fresh tasting, delicious and filling. And they had a patio to sit and eat on. Go try it!

Pros: fast, big portions, yummy
Cons: only one pita bread per salad box
loloford
loloford
  • raw

great place

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

this is a brand new "fast food" in Lyon and it's really great. They have a nice choice of vegan meals and one vegetarian option (with feta cheese). their home made lemonade is really good, and the team is very nice and charming.
prices are reasonable
Will definitely go again

Pros: quality, vegan choice, nice team
Cons: they're far from my hometown!

Dear Owner and Manager of Yaafa: