Ya Man Caribbean Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. Caribbean food menu; includes several vegetarian dishes like curried soy chunks, bittermelon, eggplant, lentils, and green bananas served with rice or roti. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Caribbean, Take-out, Non-veg
315 King St E (Wellington St)
Hamilton, Ontario
905-546-1177

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by veggiewoman
greenlemon
greenlemon

Interesting Veg Options

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

Many great things on the menu here. It's a good place to go if you are eating with non vegetarian friends because there it's something for everyone. I've never taken someone here and had a complaint

cjanes
cjanes

Ohhhh Yum

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2012

I LOVE Ya Man!! I've been to the one in Burlington, too! I am in love with the Roti and the spicy sauce you can get on the side. They have meat, but they know a lot about vegan options. Everything is super fresh, and made with care. HUGE portions! So delicious. :) I keep coming back for more!

Pros: fresh ingredients, delicious options, friendly service
Cons: not completely vegan
vegangela
vegangela

Absolutely Delicious!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2012

Ya Man's a beautiful little place. Extremely clean with delicious food and wonderful service.

The chef/owner is extremely knowledgeable about both gluten-free and vegan diets. She is always more than happy to answer any questions with a smile.

The food is outstandingly good. I haven't had anything that wasn't completely amazing and the prices are very good!

They do serve meat, but they are very respectful, understanding, and knowledgeable about vegan food and are happy to be accommodative. It's a great place to go with non-vegan friends/family as many of the options are vegan by default and there's definitely something for everyone.

LifeLover
LifeLover

Fresh and High quality

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

I am amazed that I finally found a place that uses fresh ingredients NOT from a can.

I love the Dhal soup (split-pea)
I also ALWAYS order curried Green banana or bitter melon Roti.

Staff are friendly and the cook has Many years experience

Pros: Fresh from the local market ingtrdients, made fresh everyday, Happy to serve vegetarians
Cons: Limited parking ( busy street), chose take out (meat cooking...)
shirley1
shirley1

great vegan food

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2009

I have been to Ya Man a few times and have never been disappointed.The owners are very sweet and understand vegan food. Everything is made in the kitchen from scratch. The roti's and curry's are all amazing.
this place is good for all the family.

Pros: very good helpings, good price
veggiewoman
veggiewoman

ya man is right!

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2008

So much great veg food to choose from I was overwhelmed! You can make your own rotis - choose from lots of different vegetables (eggplant, green beans, green banana, also chickpeas, soy chunks). I like spinach-pumpkin the best. Two vegan soups, both excellent. Dishes can be served in rotis, or on rice and beans. Absolutely delicious! Very authentic! A great place to try for your first carribean food experience.

Pros: amazing taste, great prices, good selection
Cons: 1 over eager waiter