Vegan bakery offering baked goods, lunch food, smoothies, and espresso drinks. Lunch specials rotate, ranging from soups, sandwiches, and wraps to salads, quinoa, and pasta. Gluten-free and soy-free available. Diner cafe type setting. more-less
97 4th St
Troy, New York 12180
518-238-3311
Closed now

Tue-Sat 11:00am-6:00pm

First Review by tea cup doll
JohnStaerker
JohnStaerker
  • non-vegetarian

Oatmean Sandwiches

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2012

The oatmeal sandwiches and the canoes. Incredible.

Pros: good food, on main street
Cons: Needs more coffee selection
Lindsay13Rose
Lindsay13Rose

Delicious Vegan Baking

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2012

This is the type of place where I do the, "Hey want a bite of my cupcake?"..."Sure. Wow that's delicious"..."HA it's vegan and you love it!" to my non veg friends. Amazing bakery, super nice owner. Love the tiramisu cupcakes. They really bake with love and compassion.

Pros: yummy cupcakes , lots of options
Nothinginvain
Nothinginvain

BEST PLACE TO GET BAKED GOODS INTHE CAPITAL REGION

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

X's to O's has an large variety of baked goods and even started carrying vegan cheese (the vendor it's widely sold, especially in this area). Every other weekend there is also a delicious brunch served. Once a month there is also a potluck where there's also usually a guest speaker. The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. I've had plenty of friends purchase cakes and other dessert in bulk from here for their parties and no one was ever disappointed. Even if you are just passing through, X's to O's is a definite stop you must make. The neighborhood in-which it is located is also very cute with many local shops, perfect for a weekend get-away. X's to O's encourages you to bring your own containers and they don't make food in excess as to cut back on waste (how cool is that???). Some of their goods can be found in the Honest Weight Food Co-op as well as the Ithaca Co-op.

Pros: inexpensive, Gluten Free, 100% Vegan

kaos127
kaos127

Yummy. Period.

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2011

I used to be a professional baker, and I still bake at home, but my family stops at Xs to Os regularly. Not vegan? The stuff is still great--you'd never know. I haven't had anything that wasn't delicious. Since I need to avoid gluten now, it is nice to know she always has something to fit all my needs!

Pros: delicious, friendly, affordable
dnadenizen
dnadenizen

Yummy!

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2011

Awesome cupcakes, friendly owner!

AdkVegan
AdkVegan

Favorite Bakery. Ever.

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2010

Love this bakery! Everything is mouth-wateringly delicious! There are so many different flavors and treats. Everything is beautiful as well! I even saw a wedding cake they made and it was amazing! If you are in the area, you will not want to miss this place.

Pros: Delicious & Totally Vegan, Wide Variety of Goodies, Excellent Customer Service
katrin5
katrin5

Made my night

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2010

Last night I had a party - I was the only VEG - one of my friends went to XO and brought the MOST delicious desserts. The nonveggies were skeptical, but LOVED every bite! FANTASTIC, moist, sweet, lovely! An amazingly sophisticated complex taste!

Pros: Moist, Vegan, Delicious
Rebecca8U
Rebecca8U

YUMMY!!

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2010

This place is great! My family is vegan and the stuff here is awesome. The prices are resonable....which you don't always find being a vegan. My kids ages 8 and 5 love that they don't have to ask if anything is vegan. We love the cinnamon buns, canoe boat(twinkies), and that there are different treats available everyday. The bakery is really cozy and great to hang out and really relax.

Pros: Inexpensive, YUMMY!, customer service
  • Coconut Wings Coconut Wings

Hi Rebecca. Thank you for the review! It's nice to know that your kids enjoyed the bakery. I will recommend this bakery to my best friend (whois on the east coast) , her son like mine has dairy allergies.
    Thank you again.
    peace.

soysass
soysass
  • raw

Sweet Treats

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2009

I almost slap myself with kale for going sugar-free right as this store opened. How I've dreamed of some sort of vegan refuge around Troy, and as it turns out, it is a bakery aka my nemisis! haha. I did try an item of theirs on a previous occasion and it was divine(especially because it was actually gluten-free!) I don't know what stopped me, but I only had one that day (I believe it was a GF pumpkin spice cupcake *salivates*), and I'm afraid I won't be cracking under the sugar pressure any time soon. One of my professors is also a vegan and she told me she tried everything there on its opening day and loved it! I suppose I shall live vicariously through her from now on, but its painful to walk by all the edible delights as I pass the store on my way to the health food shop. The hours are kinda of odd and I never see anyone actually in there except for the owners, it is located in a sketchy part of Troy (yes, there are some more than others!) Many of my friends are curious about it and they aren't even vegan, so I'm glad the attention they are getting is not limited to a certain niche!

KenC
KenC

Great New Bakery

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2009

I am so happy that there is a real vegan bakery in Troy, NY, where I live. We have some excellent places for vegan and vegan friendly eating around here, but no bakery. My three favorite places to get vegan desserts are Willy St. Co-op in Madison, Sticky Fingers in DC, and WaterCourse in Denver. So far, X's to O's is holding its own. I have only tried cookies, since that is what I was in the mood for, but they were terrific. I have to go back for the twinkies.

Pros: Location, Great tasting food
tea cup doll
tea cup doll

Best Vegan Bakery That Exists!

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2009

I recently had a party for my fiance and so I mail-ordered Gluten-free twinkies (also known as vanilla creme canoes) from X's to O's Vegan Bakery.

The twinkies were absolutely amazing and a novelty item at the party! No one had ever had a vegan twinkie before. Everyone at the party kept raving about them, saying they were the best desert ever!

I definitely recommend this bakery, it's a must. I wish I lived in New York so I could frequent this place on a daily basis. If you haven't stopped by there yet, you should plan on it. Their wide range of mouth-watering sweets will transport you to vegan heaven.

Pros: Gluten-free options, All vegan!, Best Bakery ever

Dear Owner and Manager of X's to O's Vegan Bakery: