Xing Hua Vegetarian Restaurant

Small Chinese restaurant serving mainly mock meats. A la carte and pre-cooked. Food is vegan while some drinks may contain milk. Has fresh juices. Very little English spoken. veganabouttown.blogspot.com/2008/04/xing-hua-vegetarian-restuarant.html ieatishootipost.sg/2007/02/xing-hua-vegetarian-when-you-are-tired.html Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Fast food, Buffet, Juice bar

First Review by SantaBunny
IanMcDonald
IanMcDonald

Great discovery

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

I came across this place after buying the microphone I used to do my interviews in Southeast Asia. And so I noticed it wasn't on Happy Cow, and wrote the original entry.

It's a chinese restaurant serving mainly mock meats out of large buffet-style trays (although the prices are a la carte). It was really tasty, and I appreciated the meal.

I didn't find they had a wide range of English.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Not much in the way of actual vegetables, Greasy spoon ambience
Zambezikid
Zambezikid

Great menu range

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2013

Ate here several times on my recent Singapore trip. They have a huge menu and many daily hot plates of tasty foods. They use a lot of veggie proteins and the food is mainly Chinese, with Singaporean and Indonesian influence; I didn't try the small range of Euro dishes.

It was very cheap and much better quality than several other places I tried in Singapore. Excellent place.

Pros: Cheap, Great range, Good quality
Cons: No interesting desserts
Peace ...
Peace ...

Alfresco Dining @ Xing Hua Vegetarian Restaurant

4 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

Few weeks back, I was passing by Bugis and dropped by to Xing Hua Vegetarian Restaurant for a quick bite.

This eatery has been in this location for many years, I guess. Even though I knew about it, I have never dined in this outlet before. Some time back, a colleague recommended this place and talked so much about their hotpot, so I decided to give it a try.

The variety of dishes is good and I like the alfresco dining area with the resort style tables and chairs. As usual, it always takes me a long time to decide what I would want to eat. I have tried their mee rebus, laksa in other outlets, I am not too sure whether it will turn out to be the same and having to pay a higher price for it, so I pick the something else - Claypot Rice @ S$6 instead.

The claypot rice turned out to be flavourful and well presented with colourful ingredients that make the dish appeared appetizing but there was too much moist in the rice, a little soggy. I like all the ingredients such as yam, cabbage, mushroom etc.

I might be coming back for the hotpot.

a112
a112

• raw

good place near sim lim

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

We had raw vegan rolls, veg noodles, different raw fresh juices. Place is clean, you can see cooks at their small kitcheb.

Ianthewander
Ianthewander

Great small restaurant

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

Don't really feel a need to write a review, the previous reviewers have said all that needs saying, but I thought a more recent review would confirm. Small and busy restaurant in a busy area of Sing city. A good range of tasty vegetarian fare. Not expensive, ~$10us for a full meal with a drink. One reviewer said there was little English, I found a good knowledge of the English as she is spoken. Recommended. I usually swing by at least once when I am in Sing town.

Pros: tasty, price, range
Cons: busy area, no sitting and relax., Feels cramped space wise.
Vonnie Bryton
Vonnie Bryton

Nice

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

I feel like I was in Jakarta when I ate there. Serving mainly yes Chinese food and it's really cheap! Not very yummy but I think it's because I like spicy food.

Pros: Not expensive
SantaBunny
SantaBunny

superb dishes - very tasty

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2009

the pre-cooked dishes here are very tasty. considering that they came from a place in China and managed to adapt to Singapore's style of food, it's amazing. They even have mee goreng, and laksa etc..

They have a wide range of dishes, and unlike some other stalls, the dishes also seem new and different, in a sense that you don't see the same thing everyday. Their 菜饼(something like veg crackers, but soft and the 'skin'/outer layer is like pancake, but no egg!) are absolutely delicious. It's highly recommended. They have different choices of the 菜饼, there's pumkpin crackers, crystal ball, spring rolls etc, all very yummy (i'm not too sure but they might cost a little more).

They sell 老鼠饭 too (a type of noodle that looks like a mouse's tail, hence the name 老鼠饭), in addition to bee hoon, fried rice, kuey tiao, etc. The staff are also very friendly, and the atmosphere is very cheery and bright.

There's another location (but smaller, since this Bugis one is the main branch) at Tampines, address is Blk 201D #01-1171 Tampines Street 21. Telephone no: 96387524.

This location also have some very nice drinks, like water chestnut, lime juice, and fruit juice (not found in the Tampines location). and also have longan drinks, coconut and aloe vera drinks etc.

& the prices are very cheap. about 2 dishes + noodles/rice costs around $2-3 only. the a la carte ones are around $3 +, unless you order their Xing Hua speciality that ranges from $8 to $10.

one should really try out this shop. super delicious, the food and everything. 5 stars to Xing Hua Vegetarian Restaurant

Pros: delicious food, good value (cheap prices), friendly staff and atmosphere
  • SantaBunny SantaBunny

i am not too sure about this location, but the one at Tampines has a wide range of veggies, apart from mock meat(though the mock meat is also delicious like their deep fry fish :) and other nuggets). lots of nice veggies like french bean, eggplant, curry, potato, etc. mostly like local style

Dear Owner and Manager of Xing Hua Vegetarian Restaurant: