Serves meat, veg options available. Bratwurst and burger bar that's primary meat-based, so be warned. Offers a few vegetarian sandwiches, brats, and appetizers. Vegan suitable include a spicy seitan wurst, chick-fu sandwich, vegan tot appetizer, and an ice cream. Let the staff know you're vegan, and your entree will come on a butter-less pretzel roll. Extensive drink menu with nightly specials. Price: Moderate more-less
American, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, German, Non-veg
705 W Cross St
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
Now Open

Mon-Sat 12:00pm-2:00am, Sun 12:00pm-12:00am

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by deathgrowl

Great place to get bar food!

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2015

I really love the Wurst Bar. Bratwurst were my favorite food as a kid, and it's one of those foods that my vegan heart breaks over when I see other people eating it. The vegan bratwurst here is made out of seitan, and it's really good! I also like the chick-fu sandwich. There are a few really great options for vegans who want bar food here.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great atmosphere

So Tasty

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

I had the seitan with peppers and onions and of course tots! There are a few vegan options and you will eat well here!

Hip Place, Good Drinks

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

Not much on hand for vegans, but more than many places in the area and imaginative - I'm happy to have real vegan food even if it's a mostly meaty place. Cool vibe inside and great drink specials with lots of Michigan and otherwise beer. Tater tot nachos - great idea!

Pros: Fun, Imaginative, Fun Atmosphere
Cons: Meaty

Dear Owner and Manager of Wurst Bar: