Volunteer-operated non-profit shop and cafe in a Buddhist meditation centre. Serving organic/fair trade coffee and tea. Vegan and gluten-free meals every day. Light lunches available like hearty soups with wholegrain/seeded bread, paninis, risotto along with balanced meals daily and Thali specials on Thursdays. Casual setup. Parking in the rear of the cafe is available off Hunter's House Rd/Junction Rd). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, English

damon
damon

Lovely place

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2013

I agree with the person below. It's not expensive at all like the first person said. £3 for a gorgeous home made soup and ciabatta isn't expensive and £4 for a sweet potato and spinach curry INCLUDING rice! Bargain. Shame I was the only one there, I hope they get more visitors!

Pros: Great food, Cheap, Friendly staff
NoShoes
NoShoes

Great for the soul and the belly!

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2010

I could not disagree more with the other review and had to put my own on here to redress the balance...This place is FANTASTIC. From the moment you walk in, it is calm, friendly and relaxed. I had a warm Mexican salad, which was vegetarian chili over iceberg lettuce, with cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and plenty of nachos (homemade I think)...huge portion, which left me full for ages! Not only that, it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I also had an amazing freshly ground, freshly filtered coffee, all for just over £5.00 - I think that is a brilliant price and having tasted both, would have paid double. The staff were chatty, friendly and I even swapped recipe ideas with them. There is nothing at all I would fault about this place, 10/10.

Pros: Superb food, Beautiful atmosphere, Great staff
Cons: Nothing
itsmeagain
itsmeagain

Nice ambience, expensive food

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2010

Nice atmosphere of peace and tranquility in a nice Buddhist meditation centre.
Overpriced food, small portions, often 2 quid for a tiny bit of cake, exorbitantly priced.
Odd vibes at times, as the Buddhists leave just one monk to help out, and to manage a bunch of willing volunteers.
Badly organised and chaotic.

Pros: tranquil, vegan options, not usually unfriendly
Cons: chaos, exorbitant, tiny menu and tiny portions

Dear Owner and Manager of World Peace Cafe: