Serves vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free food. Coffee, specialty teas, homemade cakes (usually one vegan option for cakes) and healthy snacks. Cafe is attached to Bhuddist centre, and run by volunteers. Relaxed surroundings, nice wooden floor and decor. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Take-out, English
Nagarjuna Buddhist Centre, 17 Guildhall Lane
Leicester, England LE1 5FQ
0116-2620317

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by GreenT
sareta
sareta

Nice place for a quick bite in central London

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2015

I stopped here for a quick lunch whilst I was in town for work recently. The menu was more basic than I was expecting - salads, sandwiches and baked potatoes whereas I thought that they might have a selection of wholesome hot, fresh meals as per a lot of other Buddhist eateries. The baked potatoes weren't on as it was too hot (I think the oven contributed to even more heat and it wasn't good working conditions for the staff). I wanted something lighter anyway, so opted for a falafel wrap, as the salads were quite similar to what I would usually make myself for lunch. It was really nice, my only issue being that it came with sweet chilli sauce which I don't think goes that well. I finished off with a slice of vegan cake which was delicious. I will definitely go back and try out some other dishes.

I think the staff are volunteers so not all of them were au fait with the systems, but that's really not a big issue - especially if they aren't working in there that often! There were posters and leaflets for lots of regular events & workshops too.

Pros: Location, Good value
Cons: Quite a plain menu
rowansilverbreeze
rowansilverbreeze

lovely peaceful venue

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2015

Great little place tucked away in the city of leicester. It is vegetarian but caters very well for vegans. Delicious vegan items on menu and runs a Meditation and Meal every month. Definatley my favourate place for a coffe or lunch when in leicester.

Pros: vegan friendly, delicious food, meditation centre
Mhaffner73
Mhaffner73

not bad

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2015

Good selection of vegan dishes here. Would advise to get here early and I mean before 12 if possible as the do tend to run out of some food items

Pros: price, selection
Cons: volume, over staffed

Jeremywhite
Jeremywhite

Overtaken By The Pram Brigade

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

Used to be very nice but it got very busy so they made it smaller! Noisy, fill of goods and the menu is very static. The staff are counted and I'm afraid it shows. If they aren't paying staff then it is quite expensive.

Pros: Reasonable Food
Cons: Noisy, Expensive
GreenT
GreenT

Fantastic cafe with a great atmosphere

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

I love this place, but it's become so popular recently that there's hardly ever anywhere to sit at lunchtimes. Not complaining though as this just shows how good it is. I always get the vegan ciabatta, which contains olive tapenade, avocado, tomato and roasted mushrooms and comes with lots of dressed leaf salad. It sounds like a bit of a weird combo, but tastes amazing. That, a dessert (they usually have a vegan option - generally amazing chocolate biscuit cake) and a drink usually comes to less than a tenner, which is amazing value really. The cafe is situated in a lovely old building which has been converted into a Buddhist centre. It's a lovely light and airy space, so a really pleasant place to eat, although like I say it can get a bit crazy in there at lunchtimes. If you need some peace and quiet afterwards though I highly recommend Leicester cathedral over the road opposite to sit in and digest your meal (it has one of the most beautiful cathedral interiors I've ever seen).

Pros: High quality food, Nice building, Extremely cheap
Cons: Busy at lunchtimes, Service can be rushed

Dear Owner and Manager of World Peace Cafe: