World Peace Cafe and Medita...

World Peace Cafe in an organic, fairtrade, vegetarian restaurant. Their aim is to help maintain and increase peace in the world by giving all of their profits to projects dedicated to world peace. closed Sun-Mon. Price: Moderate more-less
Organic

Tue 10:00am-4:30pm, Wed 10:00am-2:30pm, Thu-Sat 10:00am-4:30pm

First Review by Mimi
Braidy
Braidy

Third time lucky

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2015

We visited during Printfest on May Bank Holiday, which may explain the problems we encountered. The café looks pleasant and bright with Buddhist artwork on the walls and religious books to read and buy. When I arrived all the proper tables were full but I sat at a coffee table and ordered wedges. A very long time later a staff member arrived to inform me they had run out of wedges. The soup was vegan but they swiftly informed me they had run out of soup as well! Nonplussed, I ordered a tofu chilli sandwich which did eventually turn up and was quite nice. The vegan selection here is limited but I think it would be a pleasant place to visit when it was less crowded.

Pros: Tasty sandwiches, visually appealing
Cons: Can be very busy
Mimi
Mimi

Lovely Spacious Cafe

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2008

This is a vegetarian cafe with vegan options. It is a lovely cafe, and the food is freshly prepared and good value for money. Good selection of teas and other beverages.

Pros: Spacious and light, Good food, Vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of World Peace Cafe and Meditation Centre: