Woods Eco-Cuisine

Chinese name 聚名養生素食館. 有機素食﹐也有販賣有機食品. Vegan restaurant with a small shop area. Offers macrobiotic and fusion cuisine with daily Japanese bento, burgers, spaghetti, local food. Set menu and a la carte. Also sells organic grocery and fresh produce. Free wi-fi, relaxing ambiance. Previously located on Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Macrobiotic, Organic, Japanese, Malay, International, Take-out, Juice bar

First Review by goldie
kasia
kasia

nice food choice

3 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

I was impressed with the choice but did not enjoy the food we chose. Spaghetti bolognese was served with tofu and cauliflower ( one veg that my partner hates!) - not mentioned in the menu, which I found a strange combo (cauliflower, tomato sauce, tofu?). I got noodle curry which was very basic and lacked variety of veg - there was only cabbage (another strange combo cabbage+ coconut milk) and three pieces of tofu. Satay starter was lovely though.
There was not much to choose from to drink. The only dessert was red bean.

Pros: choice of food, decor, presentation
Cons: drinks - nothing normal!, pricy, strange combos
BIBIJOO
BIBIJOO

HEALTHY VEGAN RESTAURANT

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

I am impressed that the food can be served tastily without any egg and dairy product ingredient. No ajinamoto. This place is clean.
The price is expensive. However, whenever I pass by there, I will still walk in to dine because I love to enjoy the pure vegetarian meal with all natural ingredient.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 05, 2014

AndyT
AndyT

Healthy and delicious vegan food!

5 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

What I really like about Woods Bio Marche is that they are vegan, and that they do offer healthy food options.

Also, I am seriously impressed by their concern with the feedback from customers. When I mentioned to a friend that I had eaten there and not been 100% convinced by the taste, they got in contact with me to find out what they could do better. I was there later and had a flawless experience, their food being delicious and healthy, and the atmosphere being very friendly. I like especially that their cookies are not too sweet.

One suggestion: As they generally try to follow the tenets of macrobiotic cuisine, among them using little salt and spices, this can lead to a less intensive taste of the food. So If you do like a stronger taste, simply mention it when ordering and they will try to cook the food for you in a way that is better suited to people who prefer stronger taste.

Pros: Consequently vegan :-), Healthy food, Lots of vegan coffee/tea drinks
Cons: Taste of the food could be stronger
jing
jing

Best Healthy Organic Restaurant around town

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

My favourite organic restaurant! I can eat here everyday.

If health is the main issue you're choosing organic, this is one of the best restaurant. The owner is very knowledgable, she studied japanese macrobiotics and incorporate the knowledge into the recipe. They also have german sourdough bread and gluten free bread. The food is a little pricier than other organic restaurants, but the value is there. I am very grateful there is such restaurant in town. I buy my groceries here as well.

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 12, 2012

Pros: very healthy cuisine, excellent food, nice vibe
Cons: can be too crowded on Sunday
ekendra
ekendra

healthy dishes in the middle of it all

3 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

We went here the other night for dinner.

The place is aesthetic and clean. The menu is extensive and interesting.

The lime grass tea is especially good.

The menu really caters to very health conscious people. What we ordered was tasty but not *really* tasty. One exception to this is the Nyonya curried noodle dish - totally yum.

The service was excellent and staff friendly.

Straight On
Straight On

Great restaurant and shop

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2011

The staff are very friendly, the menu is big, the food is healthy and tastes good, and the attached shop is great. Highly recommended.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Great shop
ncandlp
ncandlp

An absolute MUST if in KL!

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2011

They're aren't too many places that are the real deal but this is certainly one of them! It's success all starts with the owner (Mrs June Lim?). Despite the presence of wait staff, she personally took our order, made menu recommendations, answered our questions, and even cleared our table! The menu is unparalled: very extensive and chock full of wonderful health information. Everything is vegan and organic so you never have to ask. The udon noodle soup and soy-veggie burger (try it with flax seed bread) were to die for. The cake and bread selection made by their very own master baker were mouth watering. The only drawback was the vegan pizza which took 45 minutes to come out and wasn't worth the wait at all. Would and will recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!

Pros: organic vegan, extensive menu
KLGuy
KLGuy

Cozy Vegan Cafe

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2011

Nice cozy cafe & organic store with a friendly owner! Nice food

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy cuisine, Daily set menus
fire horse
fire horse

A little slice of heaven

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2010

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I discovered this place on my first night in KL. Clean food in a clean atmosphere - your body and soul will thank you for eating here. It's healthy food made with love. Popular with 'woman that do lunch' and a trendy young set who are health conscious. The decor is trendy and minimal - you would pay a lot of money to eat at a place like this in the UK

Veggie burgers to die for - loved the vegan mayo.
Loved the Masoman noodles too, and if you're there when they get a delivery of organic baked goods, treat yourself to an apple doughnut...mmm.

Pros: world class chefs, cheap, friendly staff
goldie
goldie

Excellent Vegan Macrobiotic in KL

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2008

I ate her twice in July '08. Food was superb. I would have eaten there more often but only discovered it the day before I left. It is located in the trendy Bangsar district, about a 10 minute walk from the Bangsar stop on the KLExpress train.
Woods is both a shop and a restaurant. You can buy organic veges, nuts, muesli, oats, books etc. The philosophy is strict vegan macrobiotic. I had a lunch special that was 5 colours of Somen noodles with veges & salad on the side & a dipping sauce. There was also a miso soup with shitake mushrooms. They serve green tea that is imported from Japan. Total cost of the set lunch menu was around 50 MYR.

I went back for dinner & ordered from the regular menu & dish that had rice, tofy & veges. I also had a carrot & orange juice. Never tried that combo before but it was very nice. Both times I ate there I left with a feeling of calmness & contentment. I do believe they are practicing the macrobiotic principles correctly.

If I lived in KL I would be eating there all the time. The staff were friendly & knew the products well.

I believe they also have a bakery at plaza Mont Kiara.

Dear Owner and Manager of Woods Eco-Cuisine: