Woods Bio Marche

Cafe and store. Menu includes organic curry noodle and desserts. Store sells vegan bread and cakes, macrobiotic food and ingredients, organic fruits, vegetables, and grocery. Free wifi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Macrobiotic, Malay, International, Fast food, Take-out
Lot G-02, Ground Floor, Wisma Bukit Bintang, 28, Jalan Bukit Bintang (opposite Federal Hotel)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 55100
603-21431636

Open Mon-Sun 11am-9pm.

First Review by sunbaby08
walkingvegan
walkingvegan

Vegan healthy food

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

This is the best restaurant I've been in KL (the only vegan I had the chance). I've been there 3 or 4 times.
It's a little bit expensive, mostly organic though... Sometimes is ok to pay more for a such high quality food.

More about it at http://walkingvegan.com/woods-bio-marche-kuala-lumpur/ Photos, prices and opinion :)

Pros: healthy , vegan, clean
Cons: A bit expensive
MaijaKauhanen
MaijaKauhanen

For health freaks

3 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

I visited with a meat-eater friend and I have to say this place could have done a lot better job assuring him that vegetarian food can be good! The shiitake soup lacked salt and the rice was dry, which couldn't be helped because the sauce portions were too small. My friend ate only half of his Japanese set, complaining it was more veggies than he's eaten in his whole life ;) I'm sure if the food hadn't been so dry and boring he wouldn't have even noticed.

We loved the satay sticks and the peanut sauce, and the atmosphere is lovely. But even if I'm fine with healthy food, I don't think the place is good value, the prices being on the higher side. I'd recommend this only for veggies who really are looking for healthy food.

Pros: nice atmosphere, healthy
Cons: food is not that delicious
Heather_lil
Heather_lil

Expensive, decent food

3 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

The food was fairly expensive for Malaysian standards. I had the burger, it was very good. We tried a couple of cookies after at the counter, they were absolutely awful. Very dry and pasty. The place did have a nice layout though and wifi.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Expensive
veganvirtues
veganvirtues

• raw

Great dining at Woods

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2013

This eatery is great. Organic ingredients and great service.
They have a different daily soup de jour Wednesday was Sweet vegetables and miso.. I had Shitake Steak and Rainbow salad (leafy greens, root and raw vegetables, seaweed and seeds topped with barley miso. Black sesame smoothies (absolutely beautifully tasting).
The soups were around 12 RNG. Mains 13:50 RNG
It has set menus Japanaese 23RNG or Korean 19.90pasteRNG. I visited this place again and was impressed again. It has an organic section selling local vegetables and some dried goods, I bought a packet of Quinoa and a jar of black sesame seed paste.I believe this is the only vegan eatery in KL city itself.I give it 5 vegan stars.

anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Upmarket cafe, great healthy food

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

An upmarket cafe with great, healthy vegan food and a peaceful atmosphere - good if you need an escape from the local hustle and bustle. Prices are a little more than the cheap local places, but quite reasonable for the high quality. Most individual dishes are around RM 10-15. The daily set menu has a few courses and costs about RM 19. Or you can get other set meal menus for RM 26.

Pros: Great food, Healthy, Peaceful atmosphere
Cons: A bit more expensive than other local places

riquinho
riquinho

Best in the area

5 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

While there are always the Indian stalls, and many Chinese places will cook as you ask them to, vegetarians have fewer options in Bkt Bintang than in more residential areas of KL if you want something healthy, but Woods, right on Jalan Bukti Bintang, helps fill the gap. Good range of Chinese/Japanese influenced dishes but also some western options like burgers, all tasty, healthy and reasonably priced. Attached shop has various organic products - a bit pricey but no more than you'd pay elsewhere. It's friendly yet peaceful: indeed I worry it may be a little too peaceful: please come to this place and then come some more to make sure it stays open!

Pros: healthy, balanced dishes, peaceful, easy to find
Amanda
Amanda

Lovely healthy food on Bukit Bintang

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

I love this place. It has a nice peaceful atmosphere. I like the rice dishes and the curry and my family loves the tofu burger. I also really like the little shop which has really useful things apart from vegetables, like nutritional yeast and veggie stock powder. I think the price is reasonable considering the atmosphere and the care that has gone into the dishes. I always feel really good when I eat here.

Pros: Tasty, healthy dishes, Lovely calm atmosphere, Great little organic shop
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

great vegan burger

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

i ate here twice on my travels in kuala lumpur. the burger was by far the best thing i tried. their flax seed cookies were tasty as well. also, i really liked the coconut/soy milk smoothie.

AshleyLorden
AshleyLorden

Wonderful, easy to find organic and healthy place

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

I was worried that this place would be a convenience store with limited cafe, but not so, it is a full restaurant with peaceful atmosphere (even though it's on a very busy street) and good service. Their menu is Asian-influenced but has a good variety, including two vegan burgers along with local dishes like Nasi Goreng (fried rice), done in a much more healthful way. All choices are labeled with their health goal (digestion, lung health, etc.) which I think is nice. They also still have available fruits, nuts, soy yogurt, and other key vegan ingredients to purchase. The best part is I found it very easy to find, on the street in front of the mall. And, they must have changed their hours back because they are now open until 9:30.

Pros: Easy to find, Almost all organic/health-focused, Full restaurant also selling vegan foods
Cons: Foods for purchase rather expensive
DinaLun
DinaLun

nice & clean veg place

5 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2013

Good choice, quick service, clean food, healthy options and sufficient prices. Plus they have small shop with organic & bio stuff.

GuamVegan
GuamVegan

Healthy Clean Organic Vegan Delicious

5 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2012

Food was really good- organic, clean tasting, healthy, and oh-so-tasty! I have returned again and again on this short trip to KL.

My favorites were- Homemade veggie burger with homemade whole wheat bun, Cha Sui Bao Dim Sum (rice flour bun with mock sweet bbq pork), cafe latte. Everything else is good too, but these were my favourites!

Service is good, but some staff may not understand English too well.

Maybe I'm too western, but I wanted ketchup with the awesome veggie burger and they don't offer it. (So we went across the street to a convenience store and bought a bottle, hehe)

They sell organic vegetables and products there like- vegan yogurt, buckwheat, raw nuts, nutritional yeast, fresh raw cashew butter. Some local, others imported. Very good for someone living here.

They close at 9pm not 9:30pm.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Organics
Cons: Staff may not have good english
RII
RII

Organic Macro Oasis

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

We found this to be a wonderful, peaceful oasis in the busy Bintang area. And they actually make an effort to have clean, whole organic food, rather than the oily fake meat stuff we have found at most veg places here.

We thought the food had great taste. Yes, it costs a bit more than other local places..

Pros: Organic, Whole foods
Jamievegan
Jamievegan

• raw

Highly Recommend

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

This is the best macrobiotic restaurant I've been. The portions are large and flavorful and a good price. They also have nice produce and imported foods for sale. The staff are super helpful and patient.

Pros: excellent food, organic, friendly staff
Tofumight
Tofumight

Tasty Vegan Organic Food at Reasonable Price

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

Woods Bio Marche is worth a visit with a variety of menu items. We ordered Dim Sum set meal, udon miso, power chlorophyll drink and the bill came to Malaysian Ringgit $68. A very reasonable price for organic food. Serving quantity is just nice. Most importantly, the food tastes good, original and wholesome. The items that we have ordered are worth a try. Love the generous serving of fresh greens.

Pros: Tasty food, Reasonable price, Prompt service
suac
suac

nice

4 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2012

If you can appreciate food, this place is not bad at all. Had the veg nyonya curry, nasi lemak set and the mushroom wrapped in pandan (i think) leaf. The green curry was nice although could have done with more vegetables. Nasi lemak rice was nice, sambal was just right but could do with another side dish to go with the nasi lemak. All in all, nice healthy food. Will go again if I'm in the area.

Pros: healthy, tasty
Cons: small potion
Straight On
Straight On

Not as good as the other location

3 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2012

The food is alright and the shop has good stuff, but the other location, Woods Eco-Cuisines, has a bigger and much more descriptive menu, better informed staff, and is in a much quieter part of town. This felt more like a food court type restaurant, while Wood Eco-Cuisines has more of a true restaurant feel. Woods Bio Marche would get a high rating if the other location didn't exist and thus highlight the unfulfilled potential of this spot. I was in Kuala Lumpur for several days and ate at all the healthy restaurants I could find, and the two best were Country Farm and the Ecogreen Organic Cafe.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 16, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy food
Cons: Poor descriptions on menu
RashPhoenix
RashPhoenix

Enjoyed the food here!

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

Only being in KL for a few days I found it difficult at first to find any Vegan friendly places that were not cantered around oily mock meet dishes, so when I stumbled across this place I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was very tasty and they seem to at least be somewhat conscious about making their food in a healthy way

I would defiantly eat here again!

Price: I paid around RM30 for my whole meal but I had a few things (I was very hungry!)

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: Slightly on the pricey side
johnson tapioca
johnson tapioca

A healthy, worthwhile option

4 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

Sure it's a little more expensive than the hawker food on offer in the area, but if you want to experience macrobiotic vegetarian in KL definitely stop by Woods Bio Marche. We had the soup, and an entree (can't remember exactly which one), no complaints. Definitely a healthy option.

Pros: healthy cuisine, good location, friendly staff
Cons: brightly lit
vinnyk
vinnyk

Amazing food - great funky drinks

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2010

One of the best Veg restaurants I had been too in KL. Good calming environment, healthy nutritious food at a decent price (higher than most places but a meal for 2 with drinks was roughly Rm60, which was about £12.50).
I can't remember the names of the dishes (the staff can tell you what's in the food) but we had noodles soup, I think it was categorised in the relaxing foods section. Also had the tofu burger, which was delicious and he dragonfly juice which was strange but tasty.
My wife and I enjoyed this place so much we went twice!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Nice environment
Cons: The veg Sushi!
karenmar
karenmar

good western veg food in KL

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2010

I ate lunch here while on a visit to Kuala Lumpur. I found the place to be clean and with good service, and reasonable prices, although there is an abundance of vegetarian places where you can eat more cheaply in KL if you want. As I was on my own I ordered the complete lunch set with brown rice - a bowl of brown rice with vegetables and a cup of tea. It was tasty and filling. The restaurant was well patronised, and they had a selection of dry goods and fresh vegetables for sale. Takeaway was also available. I was tempted to try the dim sum lunch but as I was on my own I thought there would be too much food, but definitely one to try if dining with others.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff
enRoute
enRoute

gem in the middle of the bukit

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2010

I'm in the camp that's surprised anyone could find fault with this place... maybe a bit too clean and comfy for some, and also not the place to go for a big ole plate overflowing with salty mock meats of inscrutable origin, but I was blown away by the flavors in the set menus that I got and went back several times.

also some really nice juices and products like soy yogurt and snacks. yes, it's a bit pricier, but still decent by international standards, and the quality and organic origins of the food really shine through.

Pros: delicious, convenient
Cons: expensive
simdel
simdel

An excellent choice

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2009

This is one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have been to. The food is really healthy, tasty and just the right quantity. The restaurant is aircon with quite nice tables and chairs which are a bit different from the norm. There is plenty to buy after eating too and all of it so healthy and wholesome. One downside to a lot of it though is the price. Having said that, the set meals are good value. Definitely recommended.

Pros: Very healthy food, pleasant dining area, friendly staff
Cons: a bit pricey
kool_kitchen
kool_kitchen

Treat yourself, go somewhere else

2 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2009

I fail to comprehend why this has 5 star reviews, unless the reviewers didn't try elsewhere. KL is the gem of S/E Asia for gourmet veggie, and this, from my experience, is bottom of the pile. The food is tasteless, sure, very healthy, but tasteless. KL on my last count (frequent visitor) boasts 70+ veggie restuarants, and this is the worst I have visited. Tiny portions lacking in any flavour come at extortionate prices. Treat yourself, go somewhere else. Sure, it's conveniently located, but so are so many better places. So very disappointing.

Pros: None
Cons: Price, Food
Alice Looi
Alice Looi

Fantastic Foods!

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2009

Went there twice during our 3 days stay in KL with my hubby. Their foods are fantastic thou the price is a bit steep.

We tried both their set A and Set B, curry noodles, millet sushi, burger, sandwich, fried tofu, miso soup, natto macrobiotic brown rice, basil fried rice, udon noodles & etc. All of them tastes FANTASTIC & FRESH! Felt so much energized after eating them!!!

sunbaby08
sunbaby08

Gem in the middle of Bukit Bintang

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2009

I had been traveling for hours with my heavy backpack when I spotted this macrobiotic vegan oasis in the KL desert. A little pricey, but great food and very friendly staff. There are a lot of options on the menu, everything from tofu sandwiches to noodles to soy lattes. I had the chocolate sesame balls for dessert, delicious! There is also a small selection of grocery items, dry goods, and produce.

Pros: extensive menu, friendly staff, good desserts
Cons: a little expensive