Woodruffs Organic Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Lovely cafe in the heart of Stroud. Menu is all vegetarian except for fish. Offers many vegan options and uses local and seasonal ingredients. This was Britain's first wholly organic cafe. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, English, Non-veg
24 The High Street, Stroud
Stroud, England GL5 1AJ
01453-759195

First Review by kittyveg
arherron
arherron

Had to ask for a refund!

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2015

We visited here on a Saturday morning for brunch. I was pleased to see dogs are allowed in.
The menu clearly showed which items on the menu were vegan. I'd been looking forward to coming here for some time.
Unfortunately, the service was dire. After 20 minutes of waiting for a cup of coffee to arrive I went up to the desk to enquire. After 35 minutes, when still nothing had arrived, I went up and ask for our money back as the car park ticket was about to expire. There was no apology. Ironically, it appears that they had just started making our coffees when I went up for a refund. I was asked why I didn't want them. I explained we did want them, but 35 minutes ago!
We did get a refund, but obviously not of the generous tip I paid (upfront) for dire service.
I doubt we will return.

Pros: Vegan options , Central location , Dogs allowed
Cons: Slow and poor service
kittyveg
kittyveg

wish they were fully vegetarian! :(

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

although local to us, we don't often pop in to woodruff's since they began serving fish. it is a cosy place to have lunch and the soups are often vegan, so it's nice to occasionally have a soya latte, a bowl of soup and some of their lovely bread. still...the dead fish sort of ruins it. one really good thing that woodruff's do, however, is to offer vegetarian cookery courses. o, & staff are usually quite au fait with what veganism entails. consequently, they're able to make menu suggestions - although, vegan options are normally clearly indicated on their blackboard. all in all, it's nice for a quick lunch when you're in the town centre.

Pros: cosy, vegan items clearly marked, central
Cons: fish!, not open for dinner

Dear Owner and Manager of Woodruffs Organic Cafe: