Woodlands Pure Veg

Vegetarian Indian restaurant features south Indian cuisine. Has a varied. daily lunch buffet. Food can be spicy. Simple decor. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Catering
6040 S Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, Florida 32809
407-854-3330

Open Tue-Sun lunch and dinner, closed Mon.

First Review by tinkerbell
subhasd
subhasd

Nice food, but rude service

2 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

This place has good Indian food, good verity
But the service is very bad, went with friend's kids and the staff was complaining right on the face. When asked for details of menus items, was rudely told to read the menu!

Pros: Food
Cons: Staff, Service
ishansharma
ishansharma

As someone who's Indian...

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

I can tell you that this place has some of the most delicious Indian food in the area. I haven't been here in a while so maybe it's changed, but I remember the service not being the greatest. The food totally makes up for it though. If you can, order it for take out. Also neat would be to try out their lunch buffet.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 01, 2013

Pros: Delicious, Vegetarian
Cons: Service isn't great
craigmc
craigmc

Great lunch

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

Really good value lunch buffet.
A good varied selection of curries and they bring a dosa to your table while you are there. Nice staff and would recommend.

Pros: Good food, Good value
Torin
Torin

Great buffet

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

Delicious, authentic indian, my "go to" lunch buffet

Pros: lunch buffet , great value
Cons: not a lot of options
Siegfried
Siegfried

Great food, but beware the Vegetarian Ghee

2 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2011

The food here is great-tasting, and it's all vegetarian. There is a big problem, however... Almost everything is made with "Vegetarian Ghee," a Franken-food shortening product that has the highest trans-fat content of any food product in the world. Trans-fat content has been greatly reduced in most American products, due to regulations and public scrutiny. But a loophole allows for imported and ethnic foods like the "Veggie Ghee" they use here. Trans fats are damaging to arteries and overall health, and there is no safe limit for them. So if you're just looking for vegetarian food, this is the place. But if you're concerned about the health implications, you should probably stay away.

Pros: Authentic, Great taste, Inexpensive
Cons: seriously unhealthy

Colin wilson
Colin wilson

excelllent food and value

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2009

Having read other reviews on this site, my wife and I went to Woodlands for lunch on the last day of a visit to Orlando (November 2009). The food featured mainly south Indian dishes, which we don't often find at home. We both thought it was great, even my wife who isn't vegetarian.

The fact that almost everyone present looked like they had personal or family connections to India, attested to the authenticity of the food. The value was excellent too, with the lunchtime buffet costing well under $10.

The next time we're in Orlando, we'll probably go to this restaurant again.

piffelina
piffelina

good

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

good, but not the among the best indian i've had.

if you're in the mood for indian food, though, you should go!

nardanddee
nardanddee

Alright...I guess

2 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2009

I wasn't wowed by this restaurant. I went at lunch time and was pretty much told by two workers that I HAD to get the lunch buffet as opposed to ordering from the menu. The food was alright, but nothing to write home about. I also received numerous weird stares as I walked in and ate my lunch.

Pros: good prices
Cons: do not accept AMEX, food could be better, prefer not to be forced into buffet
Kell Bell
Kell Bell

Great Indian, Awesome Spice

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2008

I love spicy food, and I found it here at Woodlands in Orlando. For those who can't take the heat, no worries, the waitstaff will warn you when you order something spicy. The food is just as good - if not better - as the restaurants I've eaten at in the Indian district of NYC. Woodlands doesn't offer much atmosphere, but the staff is attentive and helpful. If you want really good Indian food without the worries of it including meat, Woodlands is the place. They offer a huge menu, and even some Indian take on Chinese food.

Pros: Great Food, Moderate Price, Large Portions
Cons: No Atmosphere
Guest
Guest

I love it!

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2008

Not the greatest or friendliest service I've ever had and definitely not the best maintained restaurant around, but the food is so good I can overlook it! They were very helpful in pointing me towards vegan dishes and explaining what's in each dish. AMAZING FLAVOR! I have a high tolerance to spicy food and a few dishes made me sweat and force tears down my cheeks! I've loved everything I've eaten there so far.

Pros: FLAVOR!, Helpful in regards to menu, big portions!
Cons: a little dirty inside, staff isn't very friendly... just there.
aglenn0
aglenn0

Authentic Indian Food

3 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2007

Very authentic Indian food. The menu was quite extensive with a variey of Indian food options. I have been to many Indian restaurants but have not experienced many of the options that were offered at Woodlands. Although a bit spicy for my taste, it was fun experimenting with different appetizers and entrees. The mango lassi was very good and helped tame the spiciness of the food.

Pros: Extensive menu, Authentic Indian food
Cons: Somewhat noisy, Crowded
tinkerbell
tinkerbell

good food

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2007

good food, away from the usual burgers,fries and pizza!
A haven for veggies in Florida

Pros: good food, good prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Woodlands Pure Veg: