Vegetarian Indian restaurant features south Indian cuisine. Has a varied. daily lunch buffet. Food can be spicy. Simple decor. Open Tue-Sun lunch and dinner, closed Mon. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Catering
6040 S Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, Florida 32809
407-854-3330

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by tinkerbell
RachaelSera
RachaelSera

Best Indian in Central Florida

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2015

This is my favorite Indian restaurant in all of Central Florida, and it's all vegetarian on top of that! Many of the dishes are vegan or can be made vegan--including the naan!

They're great about adjusting the spice to your preference (I order mild, but my friends order hot, and everyone's always happy).

The chana masala is awesome, and so are the kadai bhendi and aloo gobi. The masala dosa is fabulous too. The dal tadka was a bit too mild/bland, even for my sensitive American taste, so if you're into the more flavorful/spicy Indian dishes, I'd recommend going for something else.

The breads are all yummy too--aloo paratha is great, and did I mention vegan naan?!

I've never had bad service. Never too slow, nor rushing you out. They're always quite attentive with pretty good refills (considering that I drink a LOT with spicy food). It's also always very clean and nice inside.

Pros: food, atmosphere
ishansharma
ishansharma

As someone who's Indian...

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2014

I can tell you that this place has some of the most delicious Indian food in the area. I haven't been here in a while so maybe it's changed, but I remember the service not being the greatest. The food totally makes up for it though. If you can, order it for take out. Also neat would be to try out their lunch buffet.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 01, 2013
So I've been back twice since my last review (of not having gone back in a while) and I can attest to the food being FANTASTIC. However, the service is still.....not great. They aren't outwardly rude, but do not expect "thank yous" or "pleases" or even smiles. As long as that doesn't bother you or you can just get their take out, definitely do so. The food is still TOP notch.

Pros: Delicious, Vegetarian
Cons: Service isn't great
subhasd
subhasd

Nice food, but rude service

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

This place has good Indian food, good verity
But the service is very bad, went with friend's kids and the staff was complaining right on the face. When asked for details of menus items, was rudely told to read the menu!

Pros: Food
Cons: Staff, Service

craigmc
craigmc

Great lunch

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2012

Really good value lunch buffet.
A good varied selection of curries and they bring a dosa to your table while you are there. Nice staff and would recommend.

Pros: Good food, Good value
Torin
Torin

Great buffet

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

Delicious, authentic indian, my "go to" lunch buffet

Pros: lunch buffet , great value
Cons: not a lot of options
Siegfried
Siegfried

Great food, but beware the Vegetarian Ghee

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2011

The food here is great-tasting, and it's all vegetarian. There is a big problem, however... Almost everything is made with "Vegetarian Ghee," a Franken-food shortening product that has the highest trans-fat content of any food product in the world. Trans-fat content has been greatly reduced in most American products, due to regulations and public scrutiny. But a loophole allows for imported and ethnic foods like the "Veggie Ghee" they use here. Trans fats are damaging to arteries and overall health, and there is no safe limit for them. So if you're just looking for vegetarian food, this is the place. But if you're concerned about the health implications, you should probably stay away.

Pros: Authentic, Great taste, Inexpensive
Cons: seriously unhealthy
Colin wilson
Colin wilson

excelllent food and value

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2009

Having read other reviews on this site, my wife and I went to Woodlands for lunch on the last day of a visit to Orlando (November 2009). The food featured mainly south Indian dishes, which we don't often find at home. We both thought it was great, even my wife who isn't vegetarian.

The fact that almost everyone present looked like they had personal or family connections to India, attested to the authenticity of the food. The value was excellent too, with the lunchtime buffet costing well under $10.

The next time we're in Orlando, we'll probably go to this restaurant again.

piffelina
piffelina

good

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

good, but not the among the best indian i've had.

if you're in the mood for indian food, though, you should go!

nardanddee
nardanddee

Alright...I guess

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2009

I wasn't wowed by this restaurant. I went at lunch time and was pretty much told by two workers that I HAD to get the lunch buffet as opposed to ordering from the menu. The food was alright, but nothing to write home about. I also received numerous weird stares as I walked in and ate my lunch.

Pros: good prices
Cons: do not accept AMEX, food could be better, prefer not to be forced into buffet
Kell Bell
Kell Bell

Great Indian, Awesome Spice

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2008

I love spicy food, and I found it here at Woodlands in Orlando. For those who can't take the heat, no worries, the waitstaff will warn you when you order something spicy. The food is just as good - if not better - as the restaurants I've eaten at in the Indian district of NYC. Woodlands doesn't offer much atmosphere, but the staff is attentive and helpful. If you want really good Indian food without the worries of it including meat, Woodlands is the place. They offer a huge menu, and even some Indian take on Chinese food.

Pros: Great Food, Moderate Price, Large Portions
Cons: No Atmosphere
Guest
Guest

I love it!

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2008

Not the greatest or friendliest service I've ever had and definitely not the best maintained restaurant around, but the food is so good I can overlook it! They were very helpful in pointing me towards vegan dishes and explaining what's in each dish. AMAZING FLAVOR! I have a high tolerance to spicy food and a few dishes made me sweat and force tears down my cheeks! I've loved everything I've eaten there so far.

Pros: FLAVOR!, Helpful in regards to menu, big portions!
Cons: a little dirty inside, staff isn't very friendly... just there.
aglenn0
aglenn0

Authentic Indian Food

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2007

Very authentic Indian food. The menu was quite extensive with a variey of Indian food options. I have been to many Indian restaurants but have not experienced many of the options that were offered at Woodlands. Although a bit spicy for my taste, it was fun experimenting with different appetizers and entrees. The mango lassi was very good and helped tame the spiciness of the food.

Pros: Extensive menu, Authentic Indian food
Cons: Somewhat noisy, Crowded
tinkerbell
tinkerbell

good food

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2007

good food, away from the usual burgers,fries and pizza!
A haven for veggies in Florida

Pros: good food, good prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Woodlands Pure Veg: