Vegetarian Indian restaurant serving South Indian cuisine. Casual setting. No smoking. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Buffet, Indian, Take-out
4816 N University Dr (Commercial)
Lauderhill, Florida 33351

Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Suits my Gujarati tastes

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2014

My favorite Indian food is Gujarati. This place has a wide variety of Indian food from a variety regions, not just North and South. All the food is very good, but the selection is what makes this place. Also, the staff is very helpful. Not all vegan of course.

Ajacks4
Ajacks4

Attentive staff/ good vegan options

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2014

My boyfriend and I just recently went to woodlands for their lunch buffet. When I told them I was vegan they pointed out everything that is vegan, which included the soup, salad, chana masala, two squash dishes, samosas, a variety of chutney and idli. I filled my plate and sat down. The food was great, although I usually like more heat/spice to my chana masala. But the soup and one of the squash dishes were definitely not mild, which I enjoyed. About ten minutes into our meal, a server brought us a basket of vegan naan right to our table. Naan traditionally is not vegan, so they must have vegan dough in the kitchen and cook it whenever vegan customers come in. We were impressed and left full!

Pros: Attentive staff, Good vegan selection
Wendy Vegan
Wendy Vegan

Very good, but could use more vegan options

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

Food is very, very good, however, if you go for the lunch buffet, which I used to do a lot, often only an item or two is vegan, with the rest being vegetarian. The food is excellent, but I wish more things were vegan. They are very nice there as well. Atmosphere is not great, but the food makes up for it.

Pros: Great food!, fair prices
Cons: Needs more vegan options, Atmosphere

NeiltheK
NeiltheK

Good Indian food, but . . .

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

I hadn't been to an Indian Restaurant for a long time, my friend and I thought I would try Woodlands, as I am always looking for good vegan restaurants. The waiter who served us was friendly and helpful, although speaking English was not his forte. We told him NOT SPICY and vegan. He recommended some dishes. Seems that 'not spicy' means different things to different people. Everything was so spicy as to be virtually inedible, some of the items had to be returned. Eventually we landed on a delicious vegetable dish in coconut milk, told them to leave out ALL spices & they got it right! If you like hot, spicy food Woodlands would be an excellent choice, but it's not for the weak of pallet!

Pros: cordial staff, convenient hours
Cons: Too spicy w/o sufficient optiopns, music too loud, relatively high prices
ddubddub
ddubddub

server not vegan conscious

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2012

the server's recommendation for a vegan appetizer was swimming in cream. I apologized for the confusion, and tried to make sure that my entree wasn't going to have dairy - I had to explain what I meant by "dairy" - and gave my appetizer to my partner.
our drinks came - they were full of yogurt! I gave mine to my partner.
then the appetizer came - again full of cream. the server said "here it is, it's all vegan".

in the end, my partner was very very full, and I was very very hungry.

Next time, we'll probably just go straight to Udipi (that place is awesome!)

Pros: friendly atmosphere, vegetarian
Cons: not vegan
VeggieTiger
VeggieTiger

Excellent Service!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2010

We were greeted immediately and received excellent service from the moment we entered the door. There were lots of veg options and the waiter knew what vegan was. He warned us against certain beverage items (coffee usually comes with cow milk automatically) and was helpful and pleasant. Food was super!

Pros: Great food, Many options, Great service
Tiny Tiger
Tiny Tiger

Fabulous!

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2010

No complaints with this place. The food was excellent with lots of vegan options. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The prices are also very reasonable with good portions of food, less costly than other Indian restaurants.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, very reasonable prices
Cons: None!
TX Surfer
TX Surfer

WOW!!!

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2008

I'm not aware that I've ever had Indian food and man have I been missing out! The staff is super friendly and very polite. We started off with the vegetable cutlet which is mainly potatoes along with other veggies and spices, breaded and fried. I chose the Gobi Manchurian (with gravy)which is Cauliflower Marinated with Flour (breaded), Sauteed with Garlic, Ginger, Chilli, Soya Sauce. It was AMAZING! Very flavorful and not too spicy. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to spicy foods and it was perfect. My hubby chose the Mutter Paneer which is Peas and Cheese Cooked with Tomatoes, Onion, and Indian Spices. This was more spicy which hubby likes and he really enjoyed it. Unfortunately we were too stuffed for dessert. Both dishes are served over long grain white rice. It was a bit of a drive from where we were but it was so worth it! YUMMY!

Pros: huge selection, friendly staff, lunch buffet
German Ayubi
German Ayubi

Woodlands

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2008

Very good. AAA+++

Pros: Clean, Friendly, Good food
Cons: none, none, noe
alanflum
alanflum

Fantastic!

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2008

I have lived in the Bay Area in California and am use to great authentic south indian food. I have to say that Woodlands in Lauderhill Florida measures up with the best of them. The Masala Dosa is absolutely fantastic. I find myself looking forward to eating it every time I come to South Florida. The prices are reasonable, the service excellent. The owner and staff take great care to make sure that their patrons are happy. I am vegan and they are more than happy to accommodate.

All I can say is that I am grateful for this gem of a restaurant in Lauderhill Florida!!

Pros: The best dosas, Excellent service, Authentic south Indian cusine
Cons: None!