Chandler vegetarian restaurant serving South Indian cuisine. Casual atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering

First Review by nsweeney
Anna A.
Anna A.

Bad food, bad service

2 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

Not sure why a previously written review is not showing up. I have been to this place a few times and have not been happy with the quality of the food or the service. There is no decor/atmosphere but the prices aren't that cheap either. Food is served in styrofoam/plastic if I remember correctly.

macrocpa
macrocpa

Veggies in the desert

4 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2009

This restaurant is in Chandler, not Tempe, and is in the mall on the NE corner that has the Circle K gas station. It's decor is understated, think pizza parlor with tables. Order your meal at the counter and it is brought to you. Luncheon special, Grill Thali, had an assortment of Iddly, Vadai, Masala Dosai, and desert for $7.50. The menu has an asterisk for every vegan item, that makes it very easy to order for vegans. All food is served on paper plates. There is a help yourself area of all condiments and the staff conveniently pointed out the vegan and sugar free condiments. I thought everything was hot, but the staff did not, but we all have different palates. Everything seemed fresh and was tasty. My husband had a vegetable briyani. It too was hot.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, unpretentious surroundings
nsweeney
nsweeney

Can't believe we didn't try it sooner

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2009

My husband and I have been passing Woodlands for awhile and kept meaning to go in. It is South Indian vegetarian. We finally did and we now really regret not trying it much sooner. The owner was very nice and helpful in suggesting some entrees for us and the food was fantastic. We ordered the Dinner Thali which is smaller portions of 3 entree's, an appetizer, bread and a cookie dessert and a vegetable curry. The food was wonderful and I ended up taking most of the vegetable curry home and had it for lunch the next day. We have been for dinner a second time and it was just as good, we had them suggest 2 new entrees to try, this time it was Manchurian cauliflower and puffy rice with chickpea's, absolutely wonderful. I really appreciate that it is completely vegetarian so there are no cross contamination issues. They note on the menu which items are Vegan. The restaurant and the restrooms are all very clean. It is more of a fast food type atmosphere which I do not mind, order at the counter and they bring the food to your table. They have a few booths and some regular tables and a condiment area with different sauces available and water pitchers with filtered water. Without a doubt they are now my favorite restuarant!

Pros: All vegetarian, Friendly and helpfull staff, Not expensive
Cons: Seriously can't think of anything

Dear Owner and Manager of Woodlands: