Serves meat, veg options available. Re-opened July 2013 after closure and change of management and menu; no longer pure veg. Prices also increased slightly. Added meat stuff alongside the vegetarian Indian offering. Next to the Stater Brothers market. Very large space. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Catering, Non-veg
11833 Artesia Blvd (Pioneer Blvd, Little India)
Artesia, California 90701
562-860-6500

Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-3pm, Tue-Fri 5-10pm, Sat-Sun 3-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by veganpig
Guest
Guest

lost

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2010

first i got lost getting there.then i was lost with the menu but i loved the soup.I asked the waiter for anything vegan.idk what the hell i was eating but it was great!!

Pros: nice place, good food
Cons: the language
bran
bran

• raw

Just OK

2 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2010

I have a new office in Cerritos so I was happy to see that there were some veg friendly resteraunts in Little India. I went here with a coworker who loves meat, but was open to go vegie for a day. The buffett was nicley priced and the masala tea was excellent. We both enjoyed the meal at the time, but later that evening, we both had tummy trouble! It's not that we over induldged. The food just sat really heavy. I LOVE Indian food, but I will not be going back. There is much bettr Indian food to be had!

Pros: affordable, friendly service
Cons: food sat heavy
Chia
Chia

Used to be Veg

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2009

Was here for the first time in Dec 09 and am pleased to write a review on HappyCow. My friend and I were in the neighborhood, so we decided to come here for lunch.

Woodlands restaurant is located inside a large shopping center, tucked in the corner. The space inside is huge with many tables. It seems to be a venue used for Indian banquets. The lightining is dim. Has an old school, Indian restaurant feel. We actually ran into a couple friends here.

At lunchtime, there is an all you can eat buffet. It's only $7.95, as of this writing, and it comes with a serving of dosa. What a bargain. The buffet spread includes samosas, a few breads, some condiments, and mains. The dishes were not labeled, and our waiter didn't seem to understand when we asked which were vegan only dishes. Luckily, our friends were there to help us as they sometimes eat at this restaurant.

The thing about Indian food for me personally is that when I eat it, I enjoy it, and I enjoyed my meal here. I liked the spices and the flavors. BUT it's afterwards that I suffer. Later on in the day I felt a bit bloated and was burping up the spices. That's my relationship with Indian food. Oh well.

The menu is extensive. Lots of dosas, breads, Indian snacks, and other dishes.

Pros: inexpensive, dosas galore, casual and friendly
Cons: dairy not labeled, old school decor
Andrealv
Andrealv

Good suggestions

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2008

I went here a while ago and was a little lost, I didn't know what to order, but the server gave me some suggestions and I was very pleased and full! We shared 2 combos which came with some dessert. It was different, but good.

veganpig
veganpig

Love this place!

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2008

I found this place when I used to live near it and went there often. The food is really good and flavorful and the portions are generous. If you go to their website they have coupons you can print and use. I recommend calling ahead to order (menu is on their website) because it takes a while as I think they make the food fresh. I was absolutely addicted to this place and only wish I still lived near by.

Pros: Good portions, Great flavor
Cons: Long wait if you don't call ahead

Dear Owner and Manager of Woodlands: