Woodenheads Gourmet Pizza

Serves meat, veg options available. Crowded pizzeria. The pizza crust is vegan, and you could build your own pizza with veggies toppings. Ask for a vegan salad. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

Richard Myers
Richard Myers

A bit on the loud side

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2015

I have eaten at Woodenheads on many occasions and they can make a vegan pizza which is quite good although they usually put too much tomato sauce on it. The last couple of times I have eaten there, the crust has been a bit on the soft side. However, they do have lots of good toppings to put on the pizza.
In the summer they have a street front patio and a patio in the rear which are quite nice; they do not take reservations for the patios. However, inside the restaurant the noise is excessive and a conversation is really a yell. However, some may feel a lot of noise just makes the place energetic so it may just come down to personal taste.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 11, 2015

Pros: An ok vegan pizza, Staff are very positive, Outdoor seats are good
Cons: Inside conversation is a yell

Woodenheads Pizza

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2015

The pizza was yummy, although it could have been a bit larger. I topped mine with marinara, rosemary, spinach, and mushrooms. The staff were very friendly, dispite being busy. And we were seated right away, even though we didn't have a reservation. Since I chose my own pizza toppings, I got away with a $12 bill, including tip! This could have been even less if I didn't include avocado which was about $3.

If you want to go to a restaurant with a nice atmosphere, vegan-friendly pizza, and low prices, then Woodenheads might be a great option for you.

Pros: Lots of veggie-friendly pizza toppings, Vegan pizza crust, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Salads mostly all include meat, Very busy

vegan friendly pizza

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2014

The pizza crust is vegan and you can make your own and put whatever toppings you want. Tons of vegetarian options.
A great environment and excellent service and wine list. My favorite place in kingston

Pros: good food, great service and environment
Cons: need a reservation, crowded seating

A Kingston Tradition

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2011

Ever since we have been visiting Kingston (over some 25 yrs), we have enjoyed dining at Woodenheads because is it's fabulous pizza. I was delighted to find it listed on the Happy Cow site and am looking forward to dining there this weekend knowing it has a vegan pizza crust to complete it's array of delightful topping varieties.

Pros: Friendly efficient staff, Good value, Nice view from windows

Dear Owner and Manager of Woodenheads Gourmet Pizza: