Woki Organic Market - Plaza...

Ecological market and restaurant in the middle of the old city. Features an interesting display of products. The food menu includes many vegan and vegetarian dishes for take-out and eat-in. Several locations in Barcelona (the other market locations offer take-out, not restaurant). more-less
Ronda Universita, 20
Barcelona, Spain 08007

Open Mon-Thur 8.00-24.00, Fri-Sat 8.00-1.00, Sun 12.00-24.00.

First Review by SimonWeinberg
mik
mik

Very disappointing

2 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

We went to this place as the restaurant we had originally booked couldn't open on thar particular evening. The expectations were relatively high, given the cosy atmosphere and seemingly attentive, kind staff. We began with a couple of starters (patatas bravas and hummus/bababanoush/tabbule) that, while far from original, did the trick. The major setback came when I received a practically burnt vegetable plate. Since I had already asked a bunch of questions about what was vegan and wasn't (they were not quite sure and had to ask the cook once or twice), and we kind of took our time when ordering, I didn't want to be a nuisance and send the dish back. I did, however, point out these problems when the waiter asked. As for my partner, she received a rather dry, thick vegan burger, with raw and unedible pieces of aubergine. The buns, dry and not grilled either, were accompanied by one single slice of tomato and some lettuce. No sauce whatsoever, even though this was the regular version of this burger and not a vegan, cheese-free version or anything like that.
Judging by the main courses we ordered, we do not recommend this restaurant.

SimonWeinberg
SimonWeinberg

Fantastic

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

This really excellent organic restaurant and supermarket is open until midnight and serves very good food. I went there with my family: we had a hummus/couscous/baba ganoush starter which was exceellent, served with toasted bread; a mixed roast veg starter also very god; and then my veggie wife and son had pasta - they have a mix and match approach so you can choose pasta type and sauce; my daughter had a wok blend where they throw in a lot of veggies and she added tofu, rice and peanuts; and I had a vegan "burger" based on avocado which was delicious. The waiters were friendly, the service lightning fast, and the sorbet ices were a great way to finish off. Less tahn 20 Eurs per head including drinks. Try the non-alcoholic beer or an excellent glass of organic red Rioja!

Pros: Good service, Friendly atmosphere, Excellent food and choice

Dear Owner and Manager of Woki Organic Market - Plaza Catalunya: